Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Former Coach Did Not See Much of a Change in Felix Verdejo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Former Coach Did Not See Much of a Change in Felix Verdejo

Felix Verdejo self-criticized his performance on Saturday, in a fight where he debuted with new head trainer Ismael Salas in the corner. "I give myself a C," stated Verdejo, after securing a unanimous decision by way of 99-91, 97-93 and 98-92 scores over Manuel Rey Rojas. Verdejo, an Olympian for Puerto Rico, improved his record to 26-1.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Right now Matias is looking so much more of a complete fighter than Verdejo. It is almost like for years they have been trying to put the pieces of Verdejo together like a jigsaw puzzle where they are missing pieces. I just dont see Verdejo becoming everything that was expected of him. He is a good guy and hate to see him not become one of the best but it is what it is. Matias looks to be the beast to rep Puerto Rico. His last fight shows he can move past the ring tragedy from the prior fight.

Comment

Originally posted by richardt View Post
      Right now Matias is looking so much more of a complete fighter than Verdejo. It is almost like for years they have been trying to put the pieces of Verdejo together like a jigsaw puzzle where they are missing pieces. I just dont see Verdejo becoming everything that was expected of him. He is a good guy and hate to see him not become one of the best but it is what it is. Matias looks to be the beast to rep Puerto Rico. His last fight shows he can move past the ring tragedy from the prior fight.
      They saw Felix as a money maker and filled his head early with ridiculous claims and optimism. He looked bad and the love kept coming. I think they should have shown him sooner, it wasn't going to be so easy, maybe he would have tried harder.

Comment

verdejo is boxings next star!

Comment

I think he's talented enough to win a title but not against lomancenko more like a Javier Fortuna if loma ever vacates the belts .

Comment

Why trainer are criticizing!!! Calderon can’t said nothing because his fighter lost a fight, and didn’t do his job as a trainer.
            Marquez had him from the beginning and lost him, because instead of stayed dedicated to him, he started to taking on too many fighters that he forgot the reason he got there Verdejo...

Comment

Working...
            X