Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Makabu vs. Cieslak Back on Course For WBC Title on January 31

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Makabu vs. Cieslak Back on Course For WBC Title on January 31

The World Boxing Council has confirmed the world championship in the cruiserweight division to take place in Kinshasa, Democratic Republic of Congo, later this month - on Friday, January 31 between number one contender Ilunga Makabu and number two contender Michal Cieslak.

[Click Here To Read More]

the first world title fight in DRC in 45 years.
    Epic, historical fight.

A cruiserweight war.

Comment

Originally posted by Deontay Wilder View Post
      Epic, historical fight.

A cruiserweight war.
      It should be a very good fight, and I'm really looking forward to it, but I ain't quite sure how to watch it.

I gotta ask though, you got some connection with the DRC or with either of these fighters? I ain't noticed you get super excited about a Cruiserweight fight before, though maybe I missed something, and whilst this is definitely a real good fight, it ain't like the greatest 200lb fight we've seen in the last few years.

And I am hoping to include it in the PICK EM game btw, but likely I'll poll it to make sure enough of the players are in support.

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post

I gotta ask though, you got some connection with the DRC or with either of these fighters? I ain't noticed you get super excited about a Cruiserweight fight before, though maybe I missed something, and whilst this is definitely a real good fight, it ain't like the greatest 200lb fight we've seen in the last few years.
        It's not a division with a lot of big stars at the moment, but I enjoyed watching Usyk's ascension to become Undisputed and his dream of following in the footsteps of Holyfield as he moved up to heavyweight. I do like to keep an eye on these cruisers since they're only one division below Deontay and could challenge for his title in the near future.

Comment

Bad ass fight. Makabu is systematically taking out all the Eastern European cruisers, he is a machine

Comment

Originally posted by BigZ44 View Post
            Bad ass fight. Makabu is systematically taking out all the Eastern European cruisers, he is a machine
            Makabu is taking out the poor cruiserweights. He's an Afrobum taking out Eurobums.

Comment

Loves a vacant title does Makabu.. sits around doing nothing and is rewarded for it. Affirmative action if I ever saw it.

For the good of the weight class and mankind, Cieslak has to win. King is a thug, and so are most of the Congolese.

Comment

bellews resume keeps growing lol

Comment

Working...
                X