No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo Alvarez Is The BWAA 2019 Fighter Of The Year

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Canelo Alvarez Is The BWAA 2019 Fighter Of The Year

If there was any doubt as to who the face of boxing was in 2019, Canelo Alvarez answered it. The 29-year-old Mexican beat two quality opponents last year, outpointing Daniel Jacobs to unify middleweight titles in May, then jumped two weight classes to stop WBO light heavyweight titlist Sergey Kovalev in November.
    [Click Here To Read More]

This was also a good pick. Fighter of the year is always kind of hard because it’s usually a question of “who’s last two wins were the best” since most candidates only fight twice a year.

Comment

"So naturally, Alvarez was the overwhelming choice of the Boxing Writers Association of America as the 2019 Fighter of the Year, joining Ring, ESPN and Sports Illustrated in that selection."

I'll take these experts over the Canelo haters and their 1001 excuses.

Comment

One could argue, and as much as I critisize Saul, but I dont see a problem with this pick.

Comment

This isn’t surprising. Canelo had 2 big wins this year and elevated himself among Mexican boxers.

Comment

The current face of boxing. Well deserved.

Comment

Well deserved, Canelo.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
                "So naturally, Alvarez was the overwhelming choice of the Boxing Writers Association of America as the 2019 Fighter of the Year, joining Ring, ESPN and Sports Illustrated in that selection."

I'll take these experts over the Canelo haters and their 1001 excuses.
                I've been a critic of some things Canelo over the years, though I think fair in my critique. But I can't imagine him not winning the award. He clearly had the best 2019 and is one of, if not the, best in the ring right now.

Comment

Well deserved. Canelo has two very good wins last year.

And that’s coming from a big GGG fan...

Comment

Well deserved! Congrats champ.

Comment

Working...
                    X