Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joe Smith Has No Problem Facing Alvarez vs. Seals Winner

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Joe Smith Has No Problem Facing Alvarez vs. Seals Winner

When JOE "THE BEAST" SMITH JR. (now 25-3 20KO's) and JESSE "HOLLYWOOD" HART (now 26-3 21KO's) stepped into the ring at the Hard Rock in Atlantic City on Saturday night, more than a victory and the NABO Light heavyweight title was on the line. With the WBO World Light Heavyweight title having been vacated in December, a potential 2020 world title opportunity also looms.
    [Click Here To Read More]

always like watching the hard hitting smith jr.

Comment

I like Joe's moniker 'The Beast'. Like John 'The Beast' Mugabi. Both with a monstrous punch. Now if we could get Seals vs Smith, that would be an insane bomb fest war.

Comment

Joe is a hard worker in the ring and out.hes what makes boxing fun to watch.he always comes to win,and he's improved a lot.i still think he should bring a great trainer in.because with his power,and will to win and always in great shape.he could be world champ some day.good luck joe.

Comment

Originally posted by Ajboxing2818 View Post
          Joe is a hard worker in the ring and out.hes what makes boxing fun to watch.he always comes to win,and he's improved a lot.i still think he should bring a great trainer in.because with his power,and will to win and always in great shape.he could be world champ some day.good luck joe.
          I thought he already won a title because he's got some good names on his resume (Bernard Hopkins, Fonfara), but he hasn't. I hope he gets a title someday, too.

The 3 Knockdown Rule podcast says he's taken some of his prize money, started his own business (I forget if it's landscaping, home renovation, or something like that), and works with his crew. Great seeing a guy stay humble like that.

Comment

Joe really impressed me with his improved head movement in the Hart fight. I don't think he beats Beterbiev and Bivol already masterclassed him, but I'd love to see Joe against anyone else in the division.

Comment

[QUOTE=_Rexy_;20329827]Joe really impressed me with his improved head movement in the Hart fight. I don't think he beats Beterbiev and Bivol already masterclassed him, but I'd love to see Joe agaBivol did outclass him, but i think he could make Beterbiev fight interesting with his power. Beterbiev can be hit and has been dropped. Joe would have a slight punchers chance in that fight. Could you imagine Joe and Beterbiev in Brooklyn at the Barclays?

Comment

[QUOTE=Fangedgrowl;20329855]
                Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
                Joe really impressed me with his improved head movement in the Hart fight. I don't think he beats Beterbiev and Bivol already masterclassed him, but I'd love to see Joe agaBivol did outclass him, but i think he could make Beterbiev fight interesting with his power. Beterbiev can be hit and has been dropped. Joe would have a slight punchers chance in that fight. Could you imagine Joe and Beterbiev in Brooklyn at the Barclays?
                Everyone can be hit, but people put too much in "he's been dropped before." He got caught, got right back up and KO'd his opponent lol.

That said though, if the fight was within a 5 hour drive, I'd go lol

Comment

[QUOTE=_Rexy_;20329862]
                  Originally posted by Fangedgrowl View Post

Everyone can be hit, but people put too much in "he's been dropped before." He got caught, got right back up and KO'd his opponent lol.

That said though, if the fight was within a 5 hour drive, I'd go lol
                  I know i saw that fight but he does just walk right in ripping shots. Going to be interesting to see what happens if Smith hits him cleanly a few times . You just never know.

Comment

It's impossible to not root for this guy.

War Joe Smith

You know he is back to work at his normal job? Humble to say the least.

Comment

Working...
                    X