Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Gamboa Officially Diagnosed With Achilles Tear, Calls For Davis Rematch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Gamboa Officially Diagnosed With Achilles Tear, Calls For Davis Rematch

Not only was Yuriorkis Gamboa already a heavy betting underdog ahead of his lightweight clash with Gervonta Davis, but literally handicapped for much of their clash. The 2004 Olympic Gold medalist and former featherweight titlist was officially diagnosed with a complete tear and retraction of his right Achilles tendon, according to a medical report from earlier this month. Gamboa fought for more than 10 rounds essentially on one good ankle in an eventual 12th round stoppage defeat to the unbeaten Davis in their Showtime headliner last December in Atlanta, Georgia.
    [Click Here To Read More]

It was plain to see. You don’t have that flat foot just from pain, you’ve lost something mechanical there. Expect the usual “but my friend Tim couldn’t even stand when that happened to him”.

Comment

If he went 10 rounds in that state he has the heart of a lion. I know what an achilles injury feels like and I am surprised he could plant that foot on the ground at all.

Comment

As much as rematch SHOULD happen...it's highly doubtful it happens.

Tank, for some reason, was significantly distracted and acting strange that whole fight. They need to figure out what the hell was going on with him before he gets seriously hurt.

Comment

how n the hell did he fight withthat injury?

Comment

i still think Tank would have given gamboa the "L" , but it would have been a bit more competitive. Gamboa could have had more movement and would be able to sit down on those counters as well. tough break , i mean tear.
            Last edited by BaDaBingVIP2; 01-13-2020, 04:02 PM.

Comment

Lmfao what a bum davis is. That tear literally saved tanks career. He should be a devout christian.

Comment

No rematch needed. Like David Haye he will have no punch resistance after last war at his age.

Comment

Kudos to Gamboa for fighting through that. If he would have be unable to continue I think most of us would completely understand with him having a ruptured Achilles’ tendon. That’s a pretty sever injury.

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post
                    As much as rematch SHOULD happen...it's highly doubtful it happens.

Tank, for some reason, was significantly distracted and acting strange that whole fight. They need to figure out what the hell was going on with him before he gets seriously hurt.
                    I noticed him turning his head looking at his corner instead of his opponent at least twice. Once in the clinch and once when they were both standing in the middle of the ring. If Gamboa's foot wasn't all fsked up, I wonder if he could have pounced on him during the latter break in attention, because he got a few licks in during the clinch distraction.

Comment

Working...
                    X