Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Amir Imam To Fight On Wilder-Fury, Pulled From 1/18 ESPN+ Bill

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Amir Imam To Fight On Wilder-Fury, Pulled From 1/18 ESPN+ Bill

Amir Imam will have to wait five weeks longer than expected to return to the ring, but will be well worth the delay. BoxingScene.com has learned that the former title challenger will now appear on the undercard of the February 22 heavyweight title fight rematch between defending titlist Deontay Wilder (42-0-1, 41KOs) and England's Tyson Fury (29-0-1, 20KOs). Imam is due to face 2008 U.S. Olympian and current welterweight Javier Molina, with the bout to take place at a catchweight of 142 pounds.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Well that's disappointing but kinda figured that they wouldn't put any high purse fighters on this undercard since Fury & Wilder are probably going to be severely over paid. They're probably the only 2 that'll make any money off this event lol

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx23 View Post
      Well that's disappointing but kinda figured that they wouldn't put any high purse fighters on this undercard since Fury & Wilder are probably going to be severely over paid. They're probably the only 2 that'll make any money off this event lol
      This is on the preliminary fights not the PPV.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx23 View Post
        I don’t think he fighting on the PPV portion.

Comment

Good move for Imam.
          I was really high on him before the Granados fight.
          Hope he gets his career back on track.

Comment

the young master!!! exciting news. had no intention of watching the 1/18 show, but i'm definitely watching wilder vs fury II. glad i'll get to see imam.

Comment

Originally posted by MasterPlan View Post
              This is on the preliminary fights not the PPV.
              Oh well that's better. I still feel like the undercard is gonna suck but hopefully they prove me wrong

Comment

Originally posted by lightsoutrome View Post
                I don’t think he fighting on the PPV portion.
                Oh okay that's better hopefully the undercard is decent

Comment

Imam gets increased visibility for a future matchup against Crawford.

Another terrible in-house Top Rank fight pushed by Arum as compelling when much better fights exist in the co-promotional ethosphere.

Comment

Who cares... This dude was never as good as advertised to begin with....

Let's hope Bob "CROOK" Arum doesn't screw the fans on the undercard for this fight.

Hopefully we won't have to go through another Mike Conlin Snoozer. Hopefully no overhyped Mexican\Puerto Rican prospect against some journeyman bum either.

Might as well fill the undercard with some heavyweights\light heavyweights\Super Middleweights. I'll even take cruiserweights. Never understood why they always fill heavyweight headlines cards with mostly lower weight classes.

Comment

Working...
                    X