No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ellerbe: Badou Jack Just Can't Seem To Catch A Break

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Ellerbe: Badou Jack Just Can't Seem To Catch A Break

ATLANTA - If there's a consistent theme in Badou Jack's time spent on the title stage, it's his ability to provide fits for the ringside judges. The former two-division titlist found himself in familiar territory in his latest ring adventure, going 12 hard rounds with secondary 175-pound titlist Jean Pascal in a bout which saw both light heavyweights hit the deck and also produced varying opinions on whom deserved the nod Saturday night at State Farm Arena in Atlanta, Georgia. General perception of the bout-a late entry for Fight of the Year consideration-was a close fight in either direction, which is precisely how it played out on the three scorecards.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Even with his losses I’m still watching his fights!!!!

Comment

MAN that was a great fight, badou got caught early, but i thought he controlled the tempo and had a higher output that should have game him the decision. tough break, close fight but bad decision, imo.

Comment

Originally posted by BaDaBingVIP2 View Post
        MAN that was a great fight, badou got caught early, but i thought he controlled the tempo and had a higher output that should have game him the decision. tough break, close fight but bad decision, imo.
        Very good fight indeed. I texted my buddy during the fight telling him Badou and Pascal were in a real battle. That right hand temple shot from Pascal in the 4th really had Badou in a bad way and I thought the fight could potentially be stopped. But from that point Badou controlled the action and closed it out very strongly with Pascal in desperate shape in the last round.

I had Jack winning by a couple of points. He seems like a really good dude that can't catch a break. He's never been in a bad fight though.

Comment

Maybe he should try not giving away the first 5 rounds in all of his fights.

Comment

Originally posted by pillowfists98 View Post
            Lol, my thoughts exactly. Badou is a notoriously slow starter! He's got to keep the early rounds close.

Comment

I felt Groves beat Jack, or at least nicked a draw, whereas Jack beat up Degale and only got a draw.

He’s a tough guy to score, tends to have messy fights, and does give away too many rounds (as against Stevenson and Pascal).

Comment

It’s because he doesnt do anything extraordinary or eye catching for points. He doesnt have the kind of star power to be winning decisions over big name opponents.

Badou jack is just a decent workhorse . Nothing more.

Comment

Maybe he shouldn’t lose the first half of the fight, get dropped and hope he can convince the judges that he earned the win. Pascal, as fatigued as he was at the end, fought every minute of every round even when he lost some of those rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by pillowfists98 View Post

Exactly. If he wants a break then fight some no name guy. I expected him to dust Pascal but Jean showed the Browne win was no fluke. The right man won this fight.

Comment

Working...
                    X