No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Denis Lebedev Says Enough is Enough, No Farewell Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Denis Lebedev Says Enough is Enough, No Farewell Fight

Former WBA and IBF cruiserweight champion Denis Lebedev has made it clear that he's not planning to fight again, and this time he is serious. Back on December 21, Lebedev came of retirement and lost a unanimous decision to South African puncher Thabiso Mchunu.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Good. No need for a farewell fight. Great career champ, enjoy retirement.

Comment

Too bad, I wanted to see some young lion take advantage of the fact that's he's a run down shadow of his former self. The way he did to Roy Jones.

Comment

crazy it was almost 9 years ago when he stopped Roy Jones

Comment

Originally posted by historian larry View Post
          crazy it was almost 9 years ago when he stopped Roy Jones
          That win alone = Lebedev has nothing left to prove. Damn killed the man

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post
            That win alone = Lebedev has nothing left to prove. Damn killed the man
            Lol oh because that was truely a career defining win with Roy Jones jr being at the peak of his powers

Comment

Originally posted by kingstip9 View Post
              Lol oh because that was truely a career defining win with Roy Jones jr being at the peak of his powers
              well Jones put himself in that position

Comment

Good for him... Tough fighter, nothing else he needs to prove. He needs to be there for his family. Start a boxing school, become a coach.

Comment

Originally posted by historian larry View Post
                  well Jones put himself in that position
                  Ha, Well that’s fine, but this reply has no context to what I previously said.
                  I am taking a shot at the original poster for stating that lebdev no longer needed to prove anything after that jones win alone.
                  And sure, nothing wrong with taking the fight and handling the business. But let’s not make it out to be a win that it ain’t.

Jones was a shadow of his shadow by that time. And it took lebdev until the last round if i could correctly recall that fight.

Comment

Wow, you would never hear an American boxer announce his retirement with as humble and detailed explanation. Leb absolutely had nothing else to prove. At one time he was one of the best cruiserweights in the world at a time when it had good fighters. He was a multiple-time legit world champion and was a hell of a boxer puncher in his prime. I could see him as a good trainer in the future.

Comment

Working...
                    X