No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Gervonta Davis-Yuriorkis Gamboa: Afterthoughts

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Gervonta Davis-Yuriorkis Gamboa: Afterthoughts

Sometimes, a "C+" is good enough. It's not something one tells their kids when they're growing up but it's a truth many have had to sigh and accept. There are great days, good days, and days where the job got done and that will have to do.
    [Click Here To Read More]

If Javier Fortuna beats Campbell, then Fortuna should get the fight with Tank next. If Fortuna loses, then I would like to see Tank vs. Commey. That's tricky because the whole Mayweather vs. Arum beef!

I think the winner of Farmer vs. Diaz would be a great choice, and both are big and strong enough to go to 135 for the right price! Tank sells, so that shouldn't be a problem! Floyd get the bag ready!

I want LSC to face GRJ @ 130...ASAP! (Don't sleep on King Tug) I would not have a problem with Tank facing the winner, but I think Fortuna, Commey, Farmer and Diaz are better choices!

By this time next year, Tank needs to be in a PPV with Loma, Lopez, or Devin Haney! No excuses, except if he already gets whooped before then!

Comment

"No sense of urgency" says it all. He's going to be something when he gets motivated.

Comment

Not saying I disagree with a desire to see more from this entire weight class but boxing Media and fans should be embarrassed with the difference in how the media critiques and moves fighters.

Just going to add for whatever reason because anyone objective knows the promotional truths reinforcing this inequity.

So Tank Davis has titles in two divisions with impressive KO victory’s over several. At the time they were ranked/ named guys:
        - Yuriorkis Gamboa
        - Liam Walsh
        - Jose Pedraza
        - Francisco Fonseca
        - Jesus Cuellar
        - Ricardo Nunez

Now not saying this is the very top of 130/135 but most were solid when he fought them. Some are the best names on others resumes.

In addition, Tank was scheduled to fight with Abner Mares and that fell thru due to a bad Mares eye injury. You would think not Tanks fault?

Now I am equally impressed by Lopez, and Haney but neither has received the outward pressure that Tank has. Both have taken upon them selves to pursue big fights with Loma. However they are just now pulling the names needed.

Let’s not even bring up Ryan Garcia who has not fought anyone yet with a pulse. Not saying Tank is the better fighter of the four but look at their resumes who has the better list of names and outcomes.

In addition, this was a move to a new wight class. Outside of the round Gamboa had the shoe issue and the next I saw no challenges with his movement. And with all the nobility placed on him I heard Gamboa say something was wrong wit the shoe and wanted to quit. His corner made him fight. It was a good fight, Tank dominated and closed the show. Boxing casuals were happy.

But only with certain fighters does everything that happens negative stick to them. How is Gamboa suffering and injury during an earned knock down count against him. In addition if he hurt his Achilles it was a small tear. Because if he snapped his Achilles there would be no control over the foot.

But my issue is for some fighters there is the not ready defense, the political lines defense, the upgrading of poor competition defense. Terrence was hurt by Gamboa and he may be close to the best name on his resume. Tank is fighting a bum that beat the guy who beat Loma. Btw- Gamboa looked bad in fights before Crawford. But in this sport you can be washed up and a killer next week depending on the person you are fighting and there financial backers.

For Tank there are no right moves or positive outcomes. Why is that? This is some agenda driven political BS. Media shut up and just help make all the right fights happen. That’s the injection that boxing needs. That’s all you need to do.
        Last edited by Fire4231; 12-30-2019, 06:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
          If Javier Fortuna beats Campbell, then Fortuna should get the fight with Tank next. If Fortuna loses, then I would like to see Tank vs. Commey. That's tricky because the whole Mayweather vs. Arum beef!

I think the winner of Farmer vs. Diaz would be a great choice, and both are big and strong enough to go to 135 for the right price! Tank sells, so that shouldn't be a problem! Floyd get the bag ready!

I want LSC to face GRJ @ 130...ASAP! (Don't sleep on King Tug) I would not have a problem with Tank facing the winner, but I think Fortuna, Commey, Farmer and Diaz are better choices!

By this time next year, Tank needs to be in a PPV with Loma, Lopez, or Devin Haney! No excuses, except if he already gets whooped before then!
          I think the winner of Campbell vs Fortuna is obligated to Fight Haney next (Once Haney recovers from his injury) but just curious the way you said it why not Davis VS Campbell if Campbell beats Fortuna (And Haney is still not over his injury)?

Comment

Originally posted by Fire4231 View Post
            Not saying I disagree with a desire to see more from this entire weight class but boxing Media and fans should be embarrassed with the difference in how the media critiques and moves fighters.

Just going to add for whatever reason because anyone objective knows the promotional truths reinforcing this inequity.

So Tank Davis has titles in two divisions with impressive KO victory’s over several. At the time they were ranked/ named guys:
            - Yuriorkis Gamboa
            - Liam Walsh
            - Jose Pedraza
            - Francisco Fonseca
            - Jesus Cuellar
            - Ricardo Nunez

Now not saying this is the very top of 130/135 but most were solid when he fought them. Some are the best names on others resumes.

In addition, Tank was scheduled to fight with Abner Mares and that fell thru due to a bad Mares eye injury. You would think not Tanks fault?

Now I am equally impressed by Lopez, and Haney but neither has received the outward pressure that Tank has. Both have taken upon them selves to pursue big fights with Loma. However they are just now pulling the names needed.

Let’s not even bring up Ryan Garcia who has not fought anyone yet with a pulse. Not saying Tank is the better fighter of the four but look at their resumes who has the better list of names and outcomes.

In addition, this was a move to a new wight class. Outside of the round Gamboa had the shoe issue and the next I saw no challenges with his movement. And with all the nobility placed on him I heard Gamboa say something was wrong wit the shoe and wanted to quit. His corner made him fight. It was a good fight, Tank dominated and closed the show. Boxing casuals were happy.

But only with certain fighters does everything that happens negative stick to them. How is Gamboa suffering and injury during an earned knock down count against him. In addition if he hurt his Achilles it was a small tear. Because if he snapped his Achilles there would be no control over the foot.

But my issue is for some fighters there is the not ready defense, the political lines defense, the upgrading of poor competition defense. Terrence was hit by Gamboa and he may be close to the best name on his resume. Tank is fighting a bum that beat the guy who beat Loma. Btw- Gamboa looked bad in fights before Crawford. But in this sport you can be washed up and a killer next week depending on the person you are fighting and there financial backers.

For Tank there are no right moves or positive outcomes. Why is that? This is some agenda driven political BS. Media shut up and just help make all the right fights happen. That’s the injection that boxing needs. That’s all you need to do.
            good and fair assesment.......tank wont win in manys people eyes because the minute they see him they think "floyd/haymon" and some people just cant stand those names.....

people acting like there was suddenly some huge flaw/hole in his game...he landed at a real good clip....wasnt hit much(i did notice some blood trickling from his nose in the post fight)....knocked the guy down 3x and got the stoppage....

yeah he def took some time off trying to catch his breath...hell need to make sure hes in better shape to go 12(something hes not used to)

i just dont understand how all of the sudden he became "trash" .....he was never in trouble....he wasnt getting tagged...he wasnt having trouble landing a punch....the other guy took his punches better than most expected....these guys are talking like tank cant crack anything now because of one fight

Comment

Originally posted by djb914 View Post
              I think the winner of Campbell vs Fortuna is obligated to Fight Haney next (Once Haney recovers from his injury) but just curious the way you said it why not Davis VS Campbell if Campbell beats Fortuna (And Haney is still not over his injury)?
              Mayweather could make Tank the "A-side" over Fortuna, and Mayweather would control the show. I don't think so with Campbell. If Campbell wins, Eddie will have him wait for Haney, and Matchroom will control the show! If Floyd would be tempted to work with MatchRoom, I think he would do it for Farmer! Tank (B-More) vs. Farmer (Philly) is a bigger fight in America, where Tank is a proven ticket seller! That's what Floyd is looking for!

Comment

Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
                good and fair assesment.......tank wont win in manys people eyes because the minute they see him they think "floyd/haymon" and some people just cant stand those names.....

people acting like there was suddenly some huge flaw/hole in his game...he landed at a real good clip....wasnt hit much(i did notice some blood trickling from his nose in the post fight)....knocked the guy down 3x and got the stoppage....

yeah he def took some time off trying to catch his breath...hell need to make sure hes in better shape to go 12(something hes not used to)

i just dont understand how all of the sudden he became "trash" .....he was never in trouble....he wasnt getting tagged...he wasnt having trouble landing a punch....the other guy took his punches better than most expected....these guys are talking like tank cant crack anything now because of one fight
                ...but NSB says he 'struggled' with 'the corpse of Gamboa'!

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post
                  ...but NSB says he 'struggled' with 'the corpse of Gamboa'!
                  yeah but inoue goes life and death with 37 year old donaire and hes a legend now

Comment

I only have one problem with Davis

I already see greatness in Gervonta in fact I saw that the 1st time I witness him fight on tv, however not being professional and missing weight over and over speaks volumes about your dedication and work ethic. U R a betting favorite and fan friendly fighter now so get your s-it together and stop spending money on dumb **** because you already being under paid! If your daughter is your priority tell me what $$$ you have placed where you can’t touch it until college what are you investment strategies for the next 5 years. If you were to get seriously hurt and for some reason can’t resume career, are you insured? These are just many of the things boxers don’t consider while having all that dam fun in the hip hop world.

Lastly: Wake the hell up

Luv u little bro!

Comment

Working...
                    X