No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Giron Admits Shock When Balderas Got Up in Third Round

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Giron Admits Shock When Balderas Got Up in Third Round

Ontario, California - In the FOX opener, Mexico's Rene Tellez Giron (14-1, 8 KOs) scored a sixth-round knockout against 2016 U.S. Olympian Karlos Balderas (9-1, 8 KOs) to hand Balderas the first loss of his professional career.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I was blown away when he fell back into the corner too and the ref was like "that's cool. Continue!"

fun scrap though

Comment

Should’ve been stopped on the first knockdown. Rules are you gotta be ready to go at the count of nine, it doesn’t matter that it was at the end of the round. That’s how people get hurt.

Comment

Yea, he got up...but he was ko’d. No way that fight should have continued when he stumbled backwards when the ref said walk to him.

Comment

I can't complain about a Reff allowing a fighter to continue when it's this competitive

Comment

Balderas will bounce back from this. He was working a good jab being that he had the reach advantage but for some reason chose to engage in the pocket against a tough Giron who has a hell of a left hook and a chin. Balderas was hitting him with hard shots but they seemed to have no effect on Giron and being 20 years old that's an impressive win for the young fighter.

Comment

...I really thought Balderas was better than this...all the talk about him beating Teofimo Lopez and all...really sucks for him now...

Comment

Balderas complained when they stopped the fight. He got up late and was lucky that the ref did not stop it the first time he got hurt.

But I like when Ref's let the fights go on, sometimes you have an epic fight out of it.

Comment

As I said before... props to Giron for winning twice in the same fight...

Comment

Originally posted by Slip&Counter View Post
                    Should’ve been stopped on the first knockdown. Rules are you gotta be ready to go at the count of nine, it doesn’t matter that it was at the end of the round. That’s how people get hurt.
                    So does that this settle the Chavez /Taylor controversy?

Comment

Working...
                    X