Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Insider Daniel Jacobs' Relationship With New Trainer Fareed Samad

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Insider Daniel Jacobs' Relationship With New Trainer Fareed Samad

Fareed Samad has known Daniel Jacobs ever since the Brooklyn-bred boxer was 15-years-old, but their relationship kicked into second gear when they rekindled their friendship in January. The reunion came at a time when Jacobs was about to prepare for the fight of his life against Canelo Alvarez, and begin drifting away from longtime trainer Andre Rozier.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Andre Rozier

A relationship between trainer and boxer is special. Danny and Andre made it together but to bad it ended. They both dreamed about making it big one as the fighter and the other as trainer. Danny will go on to make big money while Andre who almost made it goes home empty handed. The new trainer doesn’t have much time invested with Danny so when they split he would be another hired/fired employee.

Comment

The way I heard the split was that Andre was taking less money from Jacobs so that Jacobs could take home more and once Jacobs started being a major name that was worth something Andre asked for a fair share and Jacobs said no. Am I wrong?

Comment

Tough, tough situation to unwind.

Boxing has no shelf life...and God help you if you lose a fight. The income Jacobs makes in his next few fights will last his family for the rest of their lives. Jacobs made the unenviable, shlty choice between friend and trainer and a family with children.

People are always looking for a good guy and a bad guy and sometimes there are just guys.

Jacobs is all to aware of how fragile life is and knows he has 2 or 3 wars left and he's done. Rozier on the other hand moves on to the next prospect.

I'm over simplifying but it's more complicated then just good guy vs bad guy, it's life, responsibilities and priorities.

Comment

We need a list of the hypocrites that screamed for trainer McCracken’s head after AJ’s loss and praised Fury for dumping Davison after his struggle.

It’s easy to verify who's who...maybe post a list of hypocrites with an agenda.

Comment

Originally posted by anonymous2.0 View Post
            The way I heard the split was that Andre was taking less money from Jacobs so that Jacobs could take home more and once Jacobs started being a major name that was worth something Andre asked for a fair share and Jacobs said no. Am I wrong?
            The way I heard it, Jacobs doesn't have a degree in engineering and his cancer could come back at any time. What Jacobs makes in his next 3 fights needs to support a family with small children forever.

Rozier's career will go on and he already has a few guys in the gym to take Danny's place.

That's not exactly word for word but a condensed version as I understood it.

Comment

We're never gonna know all the facts about the split. But one thing people forget about is the possibility of Jacobs' Cancer coming back and possibly costing him all he has and then killing him at a young age which will leave his family behind with nothing. He's trying to maximize whatever profit he gets and cutting down on expenses if he thinks they're not necessary.

This new trainer is choosing reputation over money here and I respect that. Build your reputation, accept whatever you're being offered, fighters will come to you and you're gonna be making your money with them.

Comment

Working...
              X