Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Yuriorkis Gamboa Grinds Hard For Gervonta Davis Bout

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Photos: Yuriorkis Gamboa Grinds Hard For Gervonta Davis Bout

Yuriorkis Gamboa Training Photos Gallery - Former unified world champion Yuriorkis Gamboa, an Olympic gold medalist from Cuba, held a media workout in Miami Wednesday as he prepares to take on boxing's hottest attraction Gervonta "Tank" Davis for the vacant WBA Lightweight Title Saturday, December 28 live on SHOWTIME from the award-winning State Farm Arena in Atlanta in a Premier Boxing Champions event. (photos by Sean Michael Ham)
    [Click Here To Read More]

Guy still looks like a rock. Too bad he’s way over the hill.

Comment

I can't wait for this fight gamboa going to run over stank davis and embarrass him in front of Floyd who ultimately was the one who cherry picked him

Comment

Gamboa looks great, more solid and muscular than Davis is now. I expect him to summon all his strength and boxing skills for this one.

Good luck, champ!

Comment

Gamboa was some kind of beast in his prime. He was so good people had fantasy thoughts of him and Pac fighting (circa 09). He never quite achieved as much as he could've like after the Brandon Rios fight fell through and he signed with 50 cent or some sh it, things just took a hard turn for the dude. He should've stuck with Top Rank, but that's hindsight. He was great, very talented but if you didn't know he's past it just watch the Jason Sosa fight. Which reminds me, why didn't we get Berchelt vs Davis...I mean at least they shared the same division, why the fu ck was there no push from fans?

Comment

This reminds me of Canelo vs Kovalev. Gamboa is shopworn, a good name and an easy scalp for Davis.

Comment

Old and shot.

Comment

Originally posted by SCEN3RY View Post
                Gamboa was some kind of beast in his prime. He was so good people had fantasy thoughts of him and Pac fighting (circa 09). He never quite achieved as much as he could've like after the Brandon Rios fight fell through and he signed with 50 cent or some sh it, things just took a hard turn for the dude. He should've stuck with Top Rank, but that's hindsight. He was great, very talented but if you didn't know he's past it just watch the Jason Sosa fight. Which reminds me, why didn't we get Berchelt vs Davis...I mean at least they shared the same division, why the fu ck was there no push from fans?
                Because Berchelt is perceived way beneath Davis. Even at this point. Berchelt would be a good fight for Davis for 3 to 5 rounds. Can't see him lasting more than that, with the way his body is wide open and not much defense.

Comment

Originally posted by SCEN3RY View Post
                  I had forgotten it was the Rios fight that shelved Gamboa for a couple of years. Damn shame. He would’ve smoked the Rios that showed up that night. Might’ve launched Yuri into stardom. He was a lot of fun to watch back then.

Comment

Gamboa was good 10 years ago, not now, he has skilld and speed but no chin, as soon as he gets hit clean by someone like Davis, it's basically over. He doesn't know how to fight defensively and how to survive. Davis will keep pushing him until he lands that shot and it will be all over.

Comment

Working...
                    X