Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Callum Smith Will Be Ringside With an Eye on Jacobs-Chavez Jr.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Callum Smith Will Be Ringside With an Eye on Jacobs-Chavez Jr.

WBA super middleweight champion Callum Smith will be ringside to watch the scheduled clash between Daniel Jacobs and Julio Cesar Chavez Jr., according to Sky Sports. Jacobs vs. Chavez Jr. takes place on Saturday night in Phoenix, Arizona. Smith will be there for two reasons - to scout the main event, and to support his older brother, former world champion Liam Smith, who faces Roberto Garcia on the undercard.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Callum Smith only represents that easy UK money. The winner of that fight will take on Callum in a heartbeat.

Comment

Originally posted by STREET CLEANER View Post
      Callum Smith only represents that easy UK money. The winner of that fight will take on Callum in a heartbeat.
      Thanks for your analysis bro

Comment

Interesting matchup between Callum and Danny. I'm curious to see what Danny looks like at 168, both physically and in performance. They've both had impressive outtings at times and they've both looked less than stellar as well.

I would probably give the edge to Jacobs but it would be a matchup I'd want to see.

Comment

I honestly feel a focused and fit Chavez would be too much for a mechanical Smith but I doubt we'll ever see that again. And on the back of the Jon Ryder stinkout, I doubt he beats Danny.

Comment

Originally posted by PBR Streetgang View Post
            Interesting matchup between Callum and Danny. I'm curious to see what Danny looks like at 168, both physically and in performance. They've both had impressive outtings at times and they've both looked less than stellar as well.

I would probably give the edge to Jacobs but it would be a matchup I'd want to see.
            I think it'd be a damn good scrap. Edge to Jacobs imo

Comment

Is this a Canelo tournament?

Comment

Spoke with Callum about this on Saturday. He feels that BJS is leading the Canelo sweepstakes so will likely have to travel to the US for a meaningful fight this spring. Eddie has continually failed to deliver for this guy, I hope Callum finally gets the “big fight” he’s been promised or gets out of that contract.

Comment

He hasn't delivered for himself, get a brain, ditch joe gallagher and get some skills. Go up a weight and get some skills. These guys are just about the money not actually trying to do anything.

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
                    Spoke with Callum about this on Saturday. He feels that BJS is leading the Canelo sweepstakes so will likely have to travel to the US for a meaningful fight this spring. Eddie has continually failed to deliver for this guy, I hope Callum finally gets the “big fight” he’s been promised or gets out of that contract.
                    Well, I mean, he did just get a massive gift against Ryder so it's not like he actually deserves a big fight. Smith-Jacobs is fine with me.

Comment

Working...
                    X