Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Crawford-Kavaliauskas ESPN Telecast Peaked At 1,648,000 Viewers

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Crawford-Kavaliauskas ESPN Telecast Peaked At 1,648,000 Viewers

In an anomaly among boxing broadcasts, ESPN drew its peak audience Saturday night during the first of three fights it televised from Madison Square Garden. Helped by formidable lead-in programming, ESPN's Heisman Trophy telecast, the three-bout broadcast headlined by Terence Crawford and Egidjius Kavaliauskas peaked long before the main event began. A peak audience of 1,648,000 watched the early part of the Michael Conlan-Vladimir Nikitin featherweight fight.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Thought it was a good fights all around.

Comment

Yeah, I thought it was their best card of the year. It was fun to see Terence Crawford have to settle down, show his grit and ultimately stop Mean Machine.

Comment

Good number. Crawford needs to be fighting on regular ESPN. The Lopez/Commey fight was a good lead in. I thought the Conlan fight had some really good moments as well.

Overall very enjoyable night of fights.

Comment

Folks tuned in to watch the Teofimo fights mainly.

Comment

Originally posted by kidbazooka View Post
            Folks tuned in to watch the Teofimo fights mainly.
            Sure mother****er.

Comment

People tuned in to watch "The Takeover!" Lomachenko vs. Lopez will be much bigger than any fight Crawford has ever been a part of!

Comment

it helped that the main event didn't start at 12:30 like so many of their shows have and we didn't have to flip from espn to espn 2 trying to figure out how to watch the rest of the card. UFC night also helped draw viewers. Good card, if not a great main event to look forward to.

we should note that it was the Conlan fight that drew the most viewers and then trickled down as the card moved on. Maybe that's not a great sign, but most of the initial audience watched the main event.
                Last edited by SCEN3RY; 12-17-2019, 02:52 PM.

Comment

Good card overall produces good numbers.

Comment

Originally posted by SCEN3RY View Post
                    it helped that the main event didn't start at 12:30 like so many of their shows have and we didn't have to flip from espn to espn 2 trying to figure out how to watch the rest of the card. UFC night also helped draw viewers. Good card, if not a great main event to look forward to.

we should note that it was the Conlan fight that drew the most viewers and then trickled down as the card moved on. Maybe that's not a great sign, but most of the initial audience watched the main event.
                    Conlan had the first fight of the telecast after the Heisman Trophy presentation so that isn't a surprise. Boxing ratings as an whole are dropping so not THAT surprising this number was lower than last year's fight card after the Heisman Trophy presentation. I mean heck, even the actual Heisman Trophy presentation saw a dip in the ratings.

For sure was wrong when I said a few weeks ago that this would peak over 2M. But add the digital numbers and I bet it was pretty close to that number.

Comment

Working...
                    X