Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Wilder-Ortiz Rematch Generates Over $4 Million: 7,403 Tickets Sold

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Wilder-Ortiz Rematch Generates Over $4 Million: 7,403 Tickets Sold

Deontay Wilder's long-awaited return to Las Vegas marked a quicker night in the ring and a far more lucrative run at the box office. The unbeaten heavyweight from Tuscaloosa, Alabama racked up his 10th successful heavyweight title defense following a one-punch 7th round knockout of Luis Ortiz. Their Nov. 23 Fox Sports Pay-Per-View headliner live from the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada generated a live gate of $4,063,141.50, as confirmed to BoxingScene.com by the Nevada State Athletic Commission.
    [Click Here To Read More]

275,000 PPV buys and a 4 million dollar gate to fight a guy (who doesn't speak English and has no fanbase) he already knocked out on cable TV the year before.

Comment

well now ya'll have the ppv numbers and live gate are ya'll happy now?

Comment

Originally posted by famicommander View Post
        275,000 PPV buys and a 4 million dollar gate to fight a guy (who doesn't speak English and has no fanbase) he already knocked out on cable TV the year before.
        I was actually thinking the numbers were low, but when you put it that way......

I think I’ll have to admit now that financially it would have been smarter to get your 4 fight deal w DAZN for 120m though.

Comment

E.T. is somewhere right now saying............Ouch!

Comment

Lets see what the cowardly haters come up with for this one lol

Comment

Wilder sells twice as many tickets as Fury.

The Bronze Bomber is the new King of Las Vegas.

Comment

Beyoncé Wilder can’t even sell 7,500 tickets in her own country, LMAO. Pathetic.

Nobody in the U.S. cares about people like Beyoncé Wilder.

Comment

Not bad I’m coming back in a hour or so to see what the haters say.

Comment

Originally posted by Born X Raised View Post
                    Beyoncé Wilder can’t even sell 7,500 tickets in her own country, LMAO. Pathetic.

Nobody in the U.S. cares about people like Beyoncé Wilder.
                    Average ticket price of 548 bucks.

Comment

Working...
                    X