No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum Admits it Was "Nervous Time" During Wilder-Ortiz

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Arum Admits it Was "Nervous Time" During Wilder-Ortiz

COSMOPOLITAN, LAS VEGAS - On Saturday night Top Rank Inc. will promote a tripleheader that will stream live on ESPN+. The 9 fight card will be headlined by unbeaten former featherweight champion scar Valdez who will face late replacement Adam Lpez who was originally slated to fight on the undercard. He was bumped up to the main event when Valdez's original opponent, Andres Gutierrez, weighed in an almost unbelievable 11 pounds over the super featherweight limit.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Translation:

"That's why I matched Tyson Fury against bums like Tom Schwarz and Otto Wallin instead.

And even then it was nervous time against Wallin. I almost crapped in my adult diapers a few times!"

Comment

Yep. While Wilder has been expanding his popularity by fighting real fighters in the ring and scoring highlight reel knockouts, building interest from fans by doing the thing fans pay to see him do (boxing, fighting, scoring knockouts) Tyson has been expanding his popularity by fighting nobodies to ensure he doesn’t lose, and showing up to / participating in wrestling matches.

Deontay definitely deserves the lions share of the purse here. Tough fight for both guys, as evidenced by last fight. Although lots of people say Fury was EASILY out boxing him, there was nothing easy about Fury picking himself up off the canvas after tasting that power. So both guys have a tough out. I’m looking forward to it.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
        Translation:

"That's why I matched Tyson Fury against bums like Tom Schwarz and Otto Wallin instead.

And even then it was nervous time against Wallin. I almost crapped in my adult diapers a few times!"
        Lol Fury does have the capacity to snake his way out of this fight and join WWE or UFC

Comment

Arum must be in on the Fury Wilder 2 fix. Arum knows Haymon would never risk Wilder for $3m vs Ortiz for $120m vs Joshua. Arum must be in on the inside job fix that will be the Fury Wilder rematch. Note this is the only time Arum and Haymon have done business in years, other than Stevenson being forced to fight Gvodzyk.

Comment

An opponent has to circle to Wilder's left to make it more difficult for Him to land the big right hand. It's not rocket science, but also easier said than done.

Comment

Look at the way Wilder keeps his legs, wide open and quite still, waiting for the huge blow. Fury has to dance all night and move constantly to wilder's left, while jabbing and right hooking when possible. Not an easy task for 12 rounds. But if one can do that, this is Fury.

Comment

Originally posted by JLC View Post
                Yep. While Wilder has been expanding his popularity by fighting real fighters in the ring and scoring highlight reel knockouts, building interest from fans by doing the thing fans pay to see him do (boxing, fighting, scoring knockouts) Tyson has been expanding his popularity by fighting nobodies to ensure he doesn’t lose, and showing up to / participating in wrestling matches.

Deontay definitely deserves the lions share of the purse here. Tough fight for both guys, as evidenced by last fight. Although lots of people say Fury was EASILY out boxing him, there was nothing easy about Fury picking himself up off the canvas after tasting that power. So both guys have a tough out. I’m looking forward to it.
                I wouldnt call Braun Strowman a nobody...

Comment

I'd wager that you could count on one hand the amount of fighters who went 36 minutes without catching a good right hand. Promoters really should stop promoting that their 250 lbs and over fighters can avoid Wilder's "only weapon". Wilder isn't going to lose until someone sustains an attack against him, but the "only weapon" he has, has been a good deterrent against that.

Comment

Bob Arum nervous? hahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahaaahaahhahahah aahahahahahahahaaha

Comment

Working...
                    X