Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: The Case for Deontay Wilder in the Pound-for-Pound Rankings

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: The Case for Deontay Wilder in the Pound-for-Pound Rankings

By Mitch Abramson - Trying to make sense of how Deontay Wilder fights is no easy chore. His bouts end in concussive knockouts, but he often struggles with opponents. He lands the right hand with text-book dexterity, and yet he can look strangely amateurish in the early rounds, throwing wildly and doing little. If you were teaching a novice how to...
    [Click Here To Read More]

It may look like Deontay is giving up early rounds, but he’s actually gaining control little by little. Deontay is working on his positioning, trying to get closer and the right angle to line up his opponent for the right hand.”

That's how I usually see his fights.

Comment

In today's sorry business of boxing and the fact that it is controlled by the North American boxing cartel, I can see them appointing deontay Wilder as a top 10 pound-for-pounder. But, anyone with any knowledge of the science knows that he is actually not one of the 10 best fighters in the world regardless of weight. And if people actually believe that he is, then boxing is in the worst state it has ever been in its history.

Comment

I guess there is some sense in what Deas is saying, Wilder does tend to stay safe in those early rounds but I still don't see how he can be top 10

Comment

Originally posted by Christhenatural View Post
          In today's sorry business of boxing and the fact that it is controlled by the North American boxing cartel, I can see them appointing deontay Wilder as a top 10 pound-for-pounder. But, anyone with any knowledge of the science knows that he is actually not one of the 10 best fighters in the world regardless of weight. And if people actually believe that he is, then boxing is in the worst state it has ever been in its history.
          Someone is butt sore this morning

Comment

This can't be serious.

Comment

Wilder is a typical movie hero where he was hurt in the beginning before he gets his revenge!

Comment

Deontay has been on the ESPN P4P, whats new?

Comment

How about if you rather write an article about PPV and ticket sales for Wilder v Oldtiz 2?

Comment

People take P4P too seriously. But if Wilder wins the Fury rematch I'd consider him one of the 10 best boxers in the world.

Comment

Working...
                    X