Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Luis Ortiz: Wilder Won't Respect Fury; Might Knock Him Out

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Luis Ortiz: Wilder Won't Respect Fury; Might Knock Him Out

LAS VEGAS Luis Ortiz thinks Tyson Fury will suffer the same fate as him in Fury's upcoming rematch against Deontay Wilder. The dangerous Cuban contender suspects Wilder won't respect Fury when they fight again, presumably because Fury doesn't punch as hard as Ortiz hits. That'll likely lead, according to Ortiz, to Wilder finishing the job this time against the lineal heavyweight champion.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I agree with Ortiz here. The 1st fight was a litmus test for BOTH fighters with respect to their respective power and range. I think Fury will learn from the 1st fight but I strongly believe that Wilder will pursue the knockout earlier. Remember he said the enormity of the moment made him nervous and he was over anxious with his shots until he settled in more later on. He will be more patient and more measured in the rematch.

Comment

6'9"=Very Long Mid-section

If Wilder takes advantage of this very long mid-section and attacks the body of Fury, it will slow him down and open him up more for the big head shots. Wilder is going to take punches from Fury, regardless of whether he goes to the body or not, but will take less overall if he can get him out of there and not let him use his quickness, anticipation, and movement to avoid the howitzer punches that, as quick as they are, give just enough of a telegraph to allow someone with Fury's quickness and ability to avoid them or roll with them. Body punch him to lower his guard and give him something else to worry about.
      Last edited by topo5358; 11-25-2019, 10:16 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

Anthony Ruiz & Oleksandr Usyk would undoubtedly beat Wilder. Each wouldn't hesitate to stay close to Wilder's chest, away from the reach. Each would KO Wilder with quickness, in close technical range!

Comment

Originally posted by markther View Post
          I agree with Ortiz here. The 1st fight was a litmus test for BOTH fighters with respect to their respective power and range. I think Fury will learn from the 1st fight but I strongly believe that Wilder will pursue the knockout earlier. Remember he said the enormity of the moment made him nervous and he was over anxious with his shots until he settled in more later on. He will be more patient and more measured in the rematch.
          Wilder needs to remember to throw his right hand lower. Aim it at Fury's chest. He was throwing it high all night and Fury was doing that duck and under. Finally listened to his corner about throwing it lower and nailed Fury in the 12th. I think in first fight he trained to punch up given Fury's height and it took him a long time to adjust and listen to his corner the first go-around.

Comment

Originally posted by Tman500 View Post
            Wilder needs to remember to throw his right hand lower. Aim it at Fury's chest. He was throwing it high all night and Fury was doing that duck and under. Finally listened to his corner about throwing it lower and nailed Fury in the 12th. I think in first fight he trained to punch up given Fury's height and it took him a long time to adjust and listen to his corner the first go-around.
            I totally agree with you. And I think Wilder stated after the 1st Fury fight, he got a little anxious, wasn’t listening to his corner, got caught up in the enormity of the event. I believe he will be more focused in the rematch and listen to his corner. I believe both fighters will make necessary adjustments, I just lean towards the adjustments that will be made by Wilder because of his enormous power.

Comment

Originally posted by Curtis2 View Post
              Anthony Ruiz & Oleksandr Usyk would undoubtedly beat Wilder. Each wouldn't hesitate to stay close to Wilder's chest, away from the reach. Each would KO Wilder with quickness, in close technical range!
              It would be really interesting to see a fighter try to stay on Wilder's chest or mid-range. I favor Usyk over Wilder due to Usyk's technical skills but I've got Wilder vs. Joshua even.

Comment

Wilder will k m.j Oct Fury out with a body shot b4 the 8th rd. Book it!! The other HW's don't have a chance in hell to beat Wilder now.

Comment

Mr Ortiz, Fury is not same as you..

Comment

It would definitely be a different fight. Throwing a jab at southpaws is dangerous. Wilder was understandably cautious. I think you will see a higher punch count against Fury and his body should be the focus for the first 5 rounds or so.

Comment

Working...
                    X