Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Brandon Figueroa, Julio Ceja - Thrilling War Ends in Draw

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Photos: Brandon Figueroa, Julio Ceja - Thrilling War Ends in Draw

Figueroa, Ceja Fight Photos Gallery - MGM Grand, Las Vegas - WBA "regular" super bantamweight champion Brandon Figueroa (20-0-1, 15 KOs) and Julio Ceja (32-4-1, 28 KOs) traded hard punches at a furious pace for twelve rounds, which resulted in a split draw verdict.
    [Click Here To Read More]

From DC by way of McAllen, TX - I'm glad to see Brandon representing the RGV. He's a great fighter, but he needs to learn that he doesn't need to stand toe to toe and take punches for no reason. When Danny Jacob's fought Canelo, Andre Rozier explicitly told Danny to not stand in range if he wasn't going to throw punches. Brandon's corner should have been smarter to tell him the same. If Brandon would have used his range more and not given away so many uncontested body shots, he would have won. With a height and reach advantage, if Brandon would have fought a few rounds like BJS, I think he would have put those rounds in the bank. Corners play an extremely important role and if Brandon's corner continues down this path they are only going to stun his career.

Comment

Originally posted by reggiekray View Post
      from dc by way of mcallen, tx - i'm glad to see brandon representing the rgv. He's a great fighter, but he needs to learn that he doesn't need to stand toe to toe and take punches for no reason. When danny jacob's fought canelo, andre rozier explicitly told danny to not stand in range if he wasn't going to throw punches. Brandon's corner should have been smarter to tell him the same. If brandon would have used his range more and not given away so many uncontested body shots, he would have won. With a height and reach advantage, if brandon would have fought a few rounds like bjs, i think he would have put those rounds in the bank. Corners play an extremely important role and if brandon's corner continues down this path they are only going to stun his career.
      great fighter lol ,you must be out your damn mind.

Comment

Going to be a punch drunk 25 year old if you keep fighting like that

Comment

Working...
        X