Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Deontay Wilder, Luis Ortiz - Ready For War in Las Vegas

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Photos: Deontay Wilder, Luis Ortiz - Ready For War in Las Vegas

Luis Ortiz, Deontay Wilder Weights Photos Gallery - Boxing's longest reigning heavyweight champion, WBC titlist Deontay "The Bronze Bomber" Wilder,and hard-hitting Cuban slugger Luis "King Kong" Ortiz went face to face at the official weigh-in before they rematch in the FOX Sports PBC Pay-Per-View main event this Saturday, November 23 from the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas. (photos by Stephanie Trapp, Ryan Hafey)

[Click Here To Read More]

Wilder is looking like a physical anomaly

Comment

Win lose or draw I hope Ortiz goes balls to the wall. He put in some serious work for this so I hope it pays off for him.
      I
      don't think he'll get another meaningful opportunity if he doesnt have a good showing.

Sucks he was never given a title shot when he was at his best.

Comment

Originally posted by SinderellaMan View Post
        What do you mean by that, how does he look Wierd?

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx23 View Post
          Win lose or draw I hope Ortiz goes balls to the wall. He put in some serious work for this so I hope it pays off for him.
          I
          don't think he'll get another meaningful opportunity if he doesnt have a good showing.

Sucks he was never given a title shot when he was at his best.
          I'm sure he's all good with whatever happens.
          He's getting paid tomorrow that's why he's all smiles.

Comment

He looks truly frightening. I think he'll win by a savage, sickening KO.

Comment

The next evolutionary step...such a tall guy with such muscles and blazing speed. Incredible.

Comment

WOW! This is a great fight! I can't wait, Go Wilder!

Comment

Originally posted by Tecnoworld View Post
                  The next evolutionary step...such a tall guy with such muscles and blazing speed. Incredible.
                  As weird as this sounds, I'm only 6 feet tall and was all fast twitch through age 36. Did some boxing and growing up in the 80s, I got into a lot of fights. And I was a bird legged, lanky looking muscle dude but when i hit 16, I started putting dudes to sleep. I never felt like I was punching super hard either, I was just fast.
                  Wilder is just a unique specimen and has unorthodox training. And we can both agree that anybody else that Ortiz hit like he did Wilder in the 1st fight would be asleep.
                  I think the loss of his brother is going to make Wilder really zero in and put on a clinic.

Comment

As weird as this sounds, I'm only 6 feet tall and was all fast twitch through age 36. Did some boxing and growing up in the 80s, I got into a lot of fights. And I was a bird legged, lanky looking muscle dude but when i hit 16, I started putting dudes to sleep. I never felt like I was punching super hard either, I was just fast.
                    Wilder is just a unique specimen and has unorthodox training. And we can both agree that anybody else that Ortiz hit like he did Wilder in the 1st fight would be asleep.
                    I think the loss of his brother is going to make Wilder really zero in and put on a clinic.
                    I agree that most has to do with speed of movement rather than pure strenght. I play tennis and even if I'm much stronger than several other players (eg I can lift more at benchpress or beat them at armwrestling) they can hit the ball much harder than I do, both in service and during matches. I simply have slower movement.

Look at Federer. He has small arms yet can produce incredibile speed.

Comment

Working...
                    X