Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Roach: Joshua Correct To Cut Mass, Ruiz is Better When He's Fat

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Roach: Joshua Correct To Cut Mass, Ruiz is Better When He's Fat

Hall of Fame trainer Freddie Roach is very interested in the overall outcome of the upcoming rematch between IBF, IBO, WBA, WBO heavyweight champion Andy Ruiz and challenger Anthony Joshua. The second fight takes place on December 7th in Saudi Arabia.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I agree with Roach.

I wonder who is going to get offended with his comments.

Comment

AJ needs to copy Andy's winning physique to be competitive.

He should swap out his TUEs approved testosterone injections for estrogen shots. And go on a strict diet of tacos and snickers bars

Comment

Whatever weight you get the best performance is the weight that you should be. No need to gain or lose weight for any particular opponent.

Comment

Andy just needs to lose weight properly, not to impress anyone. Dramatic weight losses are not healthy.

Comment

Can someone please point me to where fat helps you in any way in an athletic setting?

Comment

May the best man win

Hopefully Joshua can get them belts back nicely

Comment

I'm not a big fan of fighters making drastic weight changes in between fights. Being in shape beats looking in shape

Originally posted by Willowthewisp View Post
                Can someone please point me to where fat helps you in any way in an athletic setting?
                Balance and punch absorption. It's not the fat, as much as it is the overall mass. Sudden weight loss can also have a negative affect on your conditioning and hydration. Remember, Stiverne almost died after the first Wilder fight due to dehydration.

Comment

Ruiz has hand speed like a middleweight in a heavyweight body. That's very unusual and he takes a great punch unlike Joshua. Ruiz will give anybody trouble. He won't beat Fury or Wilder but he would give them trouble with those fast hands and good chin

Comment

Uh...what are those...marks...on Joshua's elbow...?

Comment

Working...
                    X