Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Larry Holmes Turns 70, Has One Wish: To Be Introduced at a Boxing Show

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Larry Holmes Turns 70, Has One Wish: To Be Introduced at a Boxing Show

By Mitch Abramson - Larry Holmes turned 70 on Nov. 3, and he was happy to celebrate a day that celebrates him. "I got up, ate some food, talked ****, danced a little bit, I was happy," he said. But a few days later, Holmes, one of the greatest heavyweights of all time, who defended his title a whopping 20 times, was in a less celebratory mood. It didn't...
    [Click Here To Read More]

Larry will be welcomed into the ring on the night Deontay becomes Undisputed.

Comment

Happy Birthday champ.

Comment

He should at least be recognize before he passed away.

Comment

Originally posted by komandante View Post
          He should at least be recognize before he passed away.
          Once Larry passes away everyone will cry tears but they'll be crocodile tears

Comment

I wonder if larry was left handed.. Fighting conventional.. That jab was superior!!!

Comment

I Remember being subscribed to his forum long time ago (like 20 years) and he used to talk about coming back to fight.

Now it's late of course but I think a prime Holmes can easily outboxe most fighters today. Only Fury could escape his style, methink.

Comment

Originally posted by Deontay Wilder View Post
                Larry will be welcomed into the ring on the night Deontay becomes Undisputed.

You should challenge him :-)

Comment

That young Tyson was able to destroy a great champion like Holmes as he did way back in 1988 should be enough to silence those who say that Iron Mike is overrated.

Even Holmes, in all his greatness, is still bitter for having been knocked out cold by Tyson. And yet, he went on to beat Ray Mercer, and gave Holyfield a good fight years later.

Comment

Holmes is top 10 greatest heavyweights ever. Maybe top 5

Comment

Working...
                    X