Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Luis Nery: Donaire Was Not Scared, Inoue Underestimated Him

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Luis Nery: Donaire Was Not Scared, Inoue Underestimated Him

Former world champion Luis 'Pantera' Nery was a very interested party in the recent bantamweight unification between Naoya Inoue and Nonito Donaire, who collided in the final bout of the World Boxing Super Series tournament. Inoue dropped and won a twelve round unanimous decision over Donaire to unify the IBF, WBA bantamweight belts.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Nery should continue eating his ped streak. Inoue did not underestimate him else he would have been knocked out. he saw the punches coming but he couldnt respond to them quick enough hence wjy he wasnt knocked out

Comment

Originally posted by Luis Nery
      "It's really not that I'm looking for him, but I have no problem if the fight goes ahead, and if not I am also fine. If they tell me we're going with Inoue, I'm fine either way - but the fight has to take place, it is not an obsession nor am I begging for that fight, I am also a top level fighter... if he wants the fight - here I am,"
      Nery said to ESPN Deportes.

Luis Nery has a tough road ahead of him with Manny Rod and Nordine Oubaali, before he even qualifies to face the top #2. P4P Naoya Inoue.

These reporters are asking the wrong questions at this point in Nery's climb back to relevance, for clicks. Pantera is struggling to stay at Bantamweight, having missed the 118 mark on the scales in his last fight ( again ) with former WBA bantamweight champ Juan Carlos Payano on the undercard of Pacman vs. Thurman.

A very good chance Nery gets beat vs. Manny Rod next week.

Comment

On the reals though, jokes about Nery’s drug past is getting old. It dont mean anything because he paid the price and has shown that he can performance just as well without enhancements.

Inoue is my favorite fighter but Nery is a real threat to him. The only threat at 118.

Oh and lol at Nery losing to Rodriguez. Rod getting KTFO mid rounds.

Comment

When Nery got his chance, he screwed up. He has to know, low hanging fruit isn't going to do it. The ABC ad hoc, interim, silver title won't help his case now. He could have been big.

Comment

Inoue vs Nery would be a great fight! Hope it gets done

Comment

Originally posted by FinitoxDinamita View Post
              On the reals though, jokes about Nery’s drug past is getting old. It dont mean anything because he paid the price and has shown that he can performance just as well without enhancements.

Inoue is my favorite fighter but Nery is a real threat to him. The only threat at 118.

Oh and lol at Nery losing to Rodriguez. Rod getting KTFO mid rounds.
              It's not just the PEDs. The guy balloons up and is a weight bully. There are reasons why he was banned from fighting in Japan. And with the WBC rules because he's Mexican he can use all the Clenbuterol he wants and not get popped for it.

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
                Nery said to ESPN Deportes.

Luis Nery has a tough road ahead of him with Manny Rod and Nordine Oubaali, before he even qualifies to face the top #2. P4P Naoya Inoue.

These reporters are asking the wrong questions at this point in Nery's climb back to relevance, for clicks. Pantera is struggling to stay at Bantamweight, having missed the 118 mark on the scales in his last fight ( again ) with former WBA bantamweight champ Juan Carlos Payano on the undercard of Pacman vs. Thurman.

A very good chance Nery gets beat vs. Manny Rod next week.
                I concur. Pantera is going to have his toughest battle at bantamweight just making the weight. He is also not on the monsters radar and is banned from fighting in Inoue's country for life for cheating twice. Nery's big fight is probably at 122 against his countrymen Navarrete.
                Inoue has bigger and more important fights ahead of him then against this Mexican cheat that he would handily beat anyway.

Comment

Nery vs Inoue!

Comment

Originally posted by Corelone View Post
                    When Nery got his chance, he screwed up. He has to know, low hanging fruit isn't going to do it. The ABC ad hoc, interim, silver title won't help his case now. He could have been big.
                    Yeah man, at 24 years old Nery's boxing career is done. He could have been big.

Comment

Working...
                    X