Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Devin Haney vs. Javier Fortuna Ordered, Purse Bid on Dec. 13

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Devin Haney vs. Javier Fortuna Ordered, Purse Bid on Dec. 13

BoxingScene.com has been advised that WBC lightweight champion Devin Haney (24-0, 15 KOs) has been order to make a mandatory defense against Javier Fortuna (35-2-1, 24 KOs).
    [Click Here To Read More]

This exactly what the kid needs. His first real test. Gonna be a rough fight.

Comment

This is a good fight for both guys

Comment

This is great news! Devin Haney wont have to fight Euro-Bum Luke Campbell with this victory, because Javier Fortuna was actually a world-champion. Luke Campbell has been overrated, no need to give that bum a third try at Haney's WBC championship.

Comment

Fortuna is too small to win but will make it more competitive than it should be because Haney isn’t as good as advertised.

Comment

Nice name to add to his resume. I like this fight & I like him staying busy.

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
              This is great news! Devin Haney wont have to fight Euro-Bum Luke Campbell with this victory, because Javier Fortuna was actually a world-champion. Luke Campbell has been overrated, no need to give that bum a third try at Haney's WBC championship.
              You're crazy that would be a good fight. I'd pick Haney to win it but stylistically I think it would be one of the tougher fights out there for him.

I wanna see Haney dig deep and show some dog in him. He hasn't had to do that yet cuz everyone in front of him has been tailor-made to suit his style.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx23 View Post
                You're crazy that would be a good fight. I'd pick Haney to win it but stylistically I think it would be one of the tougher fights out there for him.

I wanna see Haney dig deep and show some dog in him. He hasn't had to do that yet cuz everyone in front of him has been tailor-made to suit his style.
                Luke, like Bumchenko constantly get title opportunities for no reason. As much as I like to see Devin Haney dispatch Campbell with ease and show Vasily how its done, I think giving Campbell another try is just a bad for the sport as Lomachenko running from Devin Haney by accepting the WBC 'Franchise' title. These political games must stop -- Bumchenko needs to stop hiding behind Sulaiman .

Comment

Fortuna is too small to get past Haney's jab but I at least like the step up in competition.

Fortuna is always game but unless he lands a hail Mary, I don't see him winning a decision over Haney.

So far Haney's shown he's got a great jab, good speed and reflexes.
                  His defense could use some fine tuning and his power is decent but not devastating - but I think that has more to do with him not sitting down on his punches often. He's still a kid though so he's got time to get better

Comment

I don't think Fortuna is any sort of world beater but he's certainly better than the guys Haney has fought so far. Good progression fight for the kid.

Comment

Working...
                    X