Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Dubois: Fear Is an Asset, A Weapon - I Use It In Every Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Dubois: Fear Is an Asset, A Weapon - I Use It In Every Fight

Daniel Dubois says that he has used fear of failure as a drive to success so far as a professional. The unbeaten heavyweight goes for win number 14 when he faces Kyotaro Fujimoto, of Japan, at the Copper Box, London, on December 21. But despite a growing list of knockout wins, Dubois said that fear has been driving him to success.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I like Dubois and he looks promising but he literally hasn't done anything in the pros. He beat another unproven prospect in Gorman. And as far as I can see that's it

Warren needs to step him up so we can actually see how he compares to good boxers.

Comment

Originally posted by Roberto Vasquez View Post
      I like Dubois and he looks promising but he literally hasn't done anything in the pros. He beat another unproven prospect in Gorman. And as far as I can see that's it

Warren needs to step him up so we can actually see how he compares to good boxers.
      Generally, Warren is slow - almost Haymon slow - at progressing his prospects. Usually he goes for at least 20-25 journeymen before going stepping up to fringe contenders.
      With Yarde, he went straight from fighting bums to a title shot around the mid-20's mark and came unstuck - you have to have at least a few genuinely testing fights before trying to dethrone a champ.

Comment

Originally posted by Adamsc151 View Post
        Generally, Warren is slow - almost Haymon slow - at progressing his prospects. Usually he goes for at least 20-25 journeymen before going stepping up to fringe contenders.
        With Yarde, he went straight from fighting bums to a title shot around the mid-20's mark and came unstuck - you have to have at least a few genuinely testing fights before trying to dethrone a champ.
        Exactly. Still very young as well. That first Ghanaian dude he thought was there to do damage and he handled it well

Comment

This Dubois kid is very smart.

Comment

Originally posted by JuanSkinner View Post
            Exactly. Still very young as well. That first Ghanaian dude he thought was there to do damage and he handled it well
            With Dubois, I think he's already past the stage of needing journeymen, even fringe contenders. The next step is fighting genuine top 15 contenders, not just someone with an over-inflated ranking due to a regional belt. I'd like to see him in against someone like Kabayel, Hunter, Kownacki within a fight or 2.

Comment

Dubois is da bidness!

Comment

BREAKING NEWS: Dubois be scurrrrrrd. Dubois shook and scurrrrrrd.

Comment

Originally posted by Adamsc151 View Post
                  With Dubois, I think he's already past the stage of needing journeymen, even fringe contenders. The next step is fighting genuine top 15 contenders, not just someone with an over-inflated ranking due to a regional belt. I'd like to see him in against someone like Kabayel, Hunter, Kownacki within a fight or 2.
                  Hunter???? That's crazy, Hunter is world level and has the movement to outbox DDD. He wont be ready for Hunter for a good 12 months, its not worth the risk.

I'd step him up to genuine world level when he's 24 (just under 2 years) then get him a title shot a year later, he could be a champion in 3 years and still only be 25 and could dominate for 10 years.

Give him 2 years of the likes of Allen/Wallin/Jennings/Martin/Breazeale

Comment

Originally posted by gully7 View Post
                    Hunter???? That's crazy, Hunter is world level and has the movement to outbox DDD. He wont be ready for Hunter for a good 12 months, its not worth the risk.

I'd step him up to genuine world level when he's 24 (just under 2 years) then get him a title shot a year later, he could be a champion in 3 years and still only be 25 and could dominate for 10 years.

Give him 2 years of the likes of Allen/Wallin/Jennings/Martin/Breazeale
                    Maybe Hunter is a step too far in terms of ability, I'd be looking to see if Dubois can handle a skillful come forward counter-puncher; he's shown he can beat opponents who get on their bike and ones who keep a tight guard.
                    I'd agree on Wallin/Martin/Breazeale, but not Allen. I like the guy, but he's shortened his career with some poor decisions and is starting to look shot already. Dubois-Chisora would be a good rumble and test of the young lads mentality - everyone knows the games Del Boy plays to get under peoples skin.
                    I get the feeling that Warren is going to try and bring a host of decently ranked fighters from random countries to the UK. He's got Fujimoto, then it'll be the likes of Zhang, Miljas, Fa, Takam, Kean, Duhaupas, Demirezen, Romanov (didn't he fail to get Leapai over ?); and make a point of promoting Dubois as a literal World-beater - without ever actually fighting away from home of course. If he's brave, Warren will try to include Ajagba, Hrgovic, Rivas or Kabayel, but that's a big if.

Comment

Working...
                    X