Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: James Kirkland Continues Comeback, Stops Jas Phipps in Two

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: James Kirkland Continues Comeback, Stops Jas Phipps in Two

Former world junior middleweight contender James Kirkland stopped veteran Jas Phipps in round two Saturday night at the Alamodome in San Antonio, Texas. With the victory, Kirkland improves to 34-2, 30 knockouts. Kirkland, best known for his all-out war with Canelo Alvarez before getting knocked out in May of 2015, returned to the ring from a four-year absence to knock out Colby Courter on Aug. 24 in his hometown of Austin, Texas. The 35-year-old was facing a fighter in Phipps, who was coming off a majority-decision loss to Edward Ortiz on the same Austin fight card.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Kirkland vs. Munguia please.

Comment

He might have a shot against Tony Harrison

Comment

The two biggest problems he has, and I doubt they have changed, he can't take a decent shot anymore and he never took care of himself in between fights. One of my favorite fighters, but he is just going to get himself ****ed up. I'll say this as well, if you are a big boxing fan, he is best known for his fight with Angulo, that fight was insane. Obviously Canelo with the highlight reel KO of him is more well known among casuals, but if you've never seen his fight with Angulo, I would highly recommend it.

Comment

If he stay busy...maybe and i mean maybe he can have a last hoo-rah.

.......but that chin is gonna rear its ugly head

Comment

I hope Kirkland is putting money away and isn't fighting because he's broke. He reportedly made $1.3M for the Canelo fight, so hopefully he could have walked away with $500,000 after paying his team, promoter, manager, trainer, and Uncle Sam. I'd hate to see him go night night again.

Comment

"Kirkland, best known for his HBO run and his brawl with Canelo Alvarez before getting knocked out" seriously? That's what he's best known for? Not his thriller with angulo but instead, he's remembered for the time he came off a yr layoff, was half ass trained and got splattered by Canelo. Nice.

Comment

Kirkland v angulo is one of the most entertaining fights i have seen. Will always remember that one just like Alvarado v rios I.

Comment

Originally posted by Jab jab boom View Post
                  "Kirkland, best known for his HBO run and his brawl with Canelo Alvarez before getting knocked out" seriously? That's what he's best known for? Not his thriller with angulo but instead, he's remembered for the time he came off a yr layoff, was half ass trained and got splattered by Canelo. Nice.
                  CASUAL fan.. Kirkland was at his peak vs a prime Angulo...Canelo got the worn out versions of perro and mandingo warrior

Comment

In his fight with Alvarez. Kirkland even though he got koed and it was only 3 rounds he gave as good as he got. The Angulo fight aside from the first round was a one sided beatdown.

Comment

Working...
                    X