Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Logan Paul Intends To Appeal Ref's Ruling, Plans To Fight Again

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Logan Paul Intends To Appeal Ref's Ruling, Plans To Fight Again

Youtube star Logan Paul was not pleased with the outcome of his six round split decision loss to KSI, who prevailed in their grudge rematch on Saturday night at Staples Center in Los Angeles, California.
    [Click Here To Read More]

First fight a draw. Second fight is controversial. KSI jumps to HW.

Comment

He should. That was ridiculous. Two points in a six round fight for a guy making his pro debut??? That's like sending somebody to prison for a misdemeanor. Jack Rees missed KSI's knockdown too. If anyone "embarrassed" the sport of boxing it was him.

Comment

Originally posted by A-Wolf View Post
        He should. That was ridiculous. Two points in a six round fight for a guy making his pro debut??? That's like sending somebody to prison for a misdemeanor. Jack Rees missed KSI's knockdown too. If anyone "embarrassed" the sport of boxing it was him.
        Most refs would have DQ'd a boxer over what happened. He lost one point for holding KSI's head in place and landing that second uppercut, which dropped him. That's illegal, you can't hold and hit. And second point was for hitting while down.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
          Most refs would have DQ'd a boxer over what happened. He lost one point for holding KSI's head in place and landing that second uppercut, which dropped him. That's illegal, you can't hold and hit. And second point was for hitting while down.
          If a seasoned pro did that I would agree with you. Dan Rafael and others said he should have gotten a warning at best or lost a single point at worst.

Personally, I think he should have gotten a warning. I don't think there was malicious or harmful intent. The rookie got carried away. It also wasn't injurious to the other fighter.

That said I totally agree it was illegal. If the second point was for hitting while down I wasn't aware of that.

Comment

If a seasoned pro did that I would agree with you. Dan Rafael and others said he should have gotten a warning at best or lost a single point at worst.

Personally, I think he should have gotten a warning. I don't think there was malicious or harmful intent. The rookie got carried away. It also wasn't injurious to the other fighter.

That said I totally agree it was illegal. If the second point was for hitting while down I wasn't aware of that.
            Maybe I could see a single point being taken, but the we would have another draw and I want nothing to do with a trilogy fight in 2020. Thank God one of them won.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
              Maybe I could see a single point being taken, but the we would have another draw and I want nothing to do with a trilogy fight in 2020. Thank God one of them won.
              ^^^^^^^^^^^^

Comment

Jack Reese just turned off a lot of potential boxing fans with his incompetence.

Comment

Jack Rees did great job and missed nada. Paul holded in a hook by left hand KSI's head and hit with his right. That's like placing someone's head to the car and slamming a door at his head.

Paul should be happy Rees included benefit of the doubt for a "pro debuter" and counted the KD while giving only a 2-point deduction for an intentional 2nd foul. If it wasn't his first pro fight that KD could be not counted or even worse for Paul (DQ).
                  Last edited by Ajvar; 11-10-2019, 12:08 PM.

Comment

If anything LP should be thankful, he didn't get DQ when he hit KSI while he was on the floor

Comment

Working...
                    X