No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Naoya Inoue-Nonito Donaire: Afterthoughts

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Naoya Inoue-Nonito Donaire: Afterthoughts

For all its flaws in execution and managing the calendar, the World Boxing Super Series has been one of the genuine highlights of boxing the last couple years in the ring. Callum Smith and Oleksandr Usyk announced their arrivals in 2018. In 2019, it's meant two Fight of the Year contenders.
    [Click Here To Read More]

AMAZING FIGHT

That was awesome to watch. I thought Donaire was going to finish Inoue in the 9th, but he recovered quickly and fended Donaire off. Inoue should have gotten the body shot KO finish in the 11th (that seemed like a 12 second count watching it live), but I ain't mad. There were still more great moments at the end of the 11th and in the 12th. Overall that was an epic match of skill and will

Comment

Donaire got a long count after getting knocked down by a body shot from Inoue. My perception of time is weaker than most people's, but that was definitely longer than 10 seconds.

Comment

Japan is still under US occupation, several military bases in Japan and other islands in the same area, it can be seen in every aspects of life - politic, economy, culture, sport etc, they've done Murata already and now tried to screw up a huge local star, the ref just pushed Inoue when Donaire was hurt, letting him to recover before he finaly took a knee

Comment

Counts are not done on seconds. They are strictly counts of ten. In the aftermath of Tyson vs Douglas, shortly after King initiated long/short count claims, HBO (yeah, yeah, HBO) did what probably wasn't the most rigidly controlled of time studies but, not being nuclear physics, I think the results are trustable for the time. The results were that, on average, 14 seconds have gone by when a referee arrives at the count of ten. All that said, the count in the Donaire fight did seem long. That I wouldn't argue. I think the ref running a screen on Inoue, buying Donaire another 2 or 3 secs to decide a course of action with the benefit of not having to dodge punches while doing so may've been more detrimental to Inoue than the count itself though

Comment

The ref did the right thing to let the fight continue, had he stopped it there will be more controversy, beside, we were treated to 1.5 more rounds, when Inoue was about to finish Donaire, then came the left hook to stop him in his track.

Comment

The Filipino Flash Nonito Donaire Jr cemented his legacy whilst Naoya Inoue proved he's legit monster.

Comment

Donaire promised his kids he would have the trophy to show them the morning after the fight...Inoue gave Donaire the trophy for the night so he could fulfil his promise to his kids. Respect.

Also - Inoue refused the WBC trinket 'Diamond' belt in the ring...Japanese equivalent of 'take that ****e out of here'..Double respect.
                Last edited by angkag; 11-08-2019, 06:18 PM.

Comment

We learnt nothing from naoya koing everyone. In this fight we can see naoya isn't that bad at all as we know donaires credentials and quality. But not as good as been suggested.

Comment

Inoue showed he could handle adversity by overcoming a severe cut right above the eye and being stunned by Donaire who tried to knock his head off and never let up. Great fight by both guys. I was impressed by Inoue.

Comment

Working...
                    X