Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo: Probably 'Very Difficult' To Return To Middleweight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Canelo: Probably 'Very Difficult' To Return To Middleweight

LAS VEGAS Canelo Alvarez realizes dropping back down to middleweight won't be anything resembling easy. The newly crowned WBO light heavyweight champion could remain at 175 pounds, particularly for a fight against WBA champ Dmitry Bivol. He is determined, though, to return to the middleweight limit of 160 pounds.
    [Click Here To Read More]

168 is where he should stay. 175 is too big for him, that was obvious. I doubt he can make 160 anymore, why kill yourself trying? Anyone at 160 who wants to fight him can come to 168 or try to make him agree to a catch weight of 164 or 165. No way he goes to 160 for GGG, he'll 100% make GGG finally leave his division to seek a challenge.

Comment

All the bigger fights are at 168 and 175. I can't think of anyone at 160 that I'd want to see him fight or that he would want to fight.

Comment

168 vs super WBA champ Callum Smith

Comment

Canelo will likely never make the middleweight limit again. It doesn't mean the top middleweights won't come up to fight him. Of course they would move up to fight Canelo, that's their big money fight.

Comment

Learn from Roy Jones - don’t cut muscle. For what? Good fights at 168

Comment

Originally posted by ReggieKray View Post
              All the bigger fights are at 168 and 175. I can't think of anyone at 160 that I'd want to see him fight or that he would want to fight.
              This means Charlo and Andrade chased Canelo out of another division. What a shame. We should have seen fights with those guys rather than Kovalev. Those bouts would have been more meaningful than fights with almost any champion at 168.

Comment

He'd be an idiot to go back to 160 now. Callum Smith and BJS at 168 are his future. Golovkin III if Gennadiy dares to finally move up.

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
                  He'd be an idiot to go back to 160 now. Callum Smith and BJS at 168 are his future. Golovkin III if Gennadiy dares to finally move up.

He won't fight BJS. He likes old men who don't move. That's why he's letting Andrade and Charlo chase him out of another division. BJS moves pretty well.

Comment

Never drop down by cutting muscle mass. History hasn't been kind to that kind of thing. Go to 168

Comment

Working...
                    X