Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Video: Larry Merchant Reacts To Canelo's Knockout of Kovalev

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Video: Larry Merchant Reacts To Canelo's Knockout of Kovalev

Larry Merchant Video Interview - With a devastating knockout in Round 11, pound-for-pound boxing superstar Canelo Alvarez (53-1-2, 36 KOs) defeated Sergey Kovalev (34-4-1, 29 KOs) to become the new WBO Light Heavyweight Titlist. (photos by Amanda Westcott)

[Click Here To Read More]

Larry speaking the truth. I think Canelo is a great fighter but last night’s fight was nothing more than a calculated risk. Kovalev is not the #1 in that div and has not been the Krusher since his second loss to Ward, he also less than 3 months ago was almost knocked out against a guy that shouldn’t have posed any problems. If Canelo sticks around this weight class then I would love to see him fight Bivol, Beterbiev and Ramirez. If he moves back down to 168 then a fight against Callum or Benavidez would be awesome. The only boxer that really poses a threat to Canelo at 160 is Andrade.

Comment

i always loved larry after him saying 'shane mosely, i love you' after he ko'd mayorga.

and his beef with floyd was funny.

Comment

The educated fight fan knows the struggle Saul faced last night.
        Fighting the best at 175 will never happen. One and done.

Comment

I miss the old HBO team. Compared to DAZN crew they were god tier.

Comment

Originally posted by StrangerInTown View Post
            The educated fight fan knows the struggle Saul faced last night.
            Fighting the best at 175 will never happen. One and done.
            The knowledgeable fan also knows that Kovalev was out on his feet in the 8th round in his last fight against a fighter that was untested and at his current age and with such a fast turnaround, he had no business being in the ring last night.

Comment

The greatest boxing commentator to ever live. Sometimes I watch the old HBO fights just to hear him talk

Comment

I always enjoyed listening to Larry’s perspective.

Comment

I love Larry's voice and miss his awesome one liners

Comment

If the Hopkins fight happens, Canelo will KO him too and further cement his legacy.

Comment

Working...
                    X