No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sergey Kovalev: I Was Tired After The Sixth Round

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Sergey Kovalev: I Was Tired After The Sixth Round

Former world champion Sergey Kovalev admits the gas tank was running low after the sixth round of Saturday's title fight with Mexican superstar Canelo Alvarez. Canelo, who was moving up by two full weight divisions to challenge Kovalev for his WBO light heavyweight title, knocked the Russian fighter out in the eleventh round, at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Very good fight. Canelo is a beast!

Comment

How on earth one can be tired at the sixth round when it Kovalev was barely putting any form of energy in his punches? Kovalev got his 2nd win at the 9th round to KO Yarde in the tenth after throwing huge right hands at the young fighter while also taking 130+ punches from a 90% KO ratio LWH to KO him with a jab, and all of a sudden you're dead tired at 6th?

what a sellout.

Comment

Wish Kovalev would shut the **** up. You whored yourself out for money so keep your mouth and legs closed.

Comment

Fugh right off Kovi
          Bet you his tiredness goes away every time he thinks about the 12 million large he made
          No fughin excuses , he took the fight and the coin

Comment

It's all coming together.

Boxers don't usually admit this.

GUESS WHAT?

To me, he said that to divert from the fact that he thew the fight for the big bucks! So it's all coming together.

Comment

Kovalev always has an excuse when he gets his azzz whooped blames a trainer, blames the judges, blames the ref, etc. He is just a sore loser. He had his lastest excuse ready to go as soon as he started his interview blaming it on not having enough time from his last fight after he said for weeks heading in that the quick turnaround was a advantage because he gets out of shape in between fight and ends up killing himself in training camp just to make weight.

Comment

36 years old, quick turnaround and not fully hydrated. I thought he looked pretty good, all things considered. After 10 I had it even.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
                  Kovalev always has an excuse when he gets his azzz whooped blames a trainer, blames the judges, blames the ref, etc. He is just a sore loser. He had his lastest excuse ready to go as soon as he started his interview blaming it on not having enough time from his last fight after he said for weeks heading in that the quick turnaround was a advantage because he gets out of shape in between fight and ends up killing himself in training camp just to make weight.
                  He was severely weight drained. Having to lose that 1/4 pounder at the weigh in severely hurt his chances.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post

Tbh this fight was too soon but his team knew it and chose money over actually winning

Comment

Working...
                    X