Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Luis Ortiz Shows Off His Moves at Media Workout

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Photos: Luis Ortiz Shows Off His Moves at Media Workout

It was a "King Kong Monster Smash" in Las Vegas on Halloween Thursday, as top heavyweight contender Luis "King Kong" Ortiz treated the media to some of the tricks he has in store for WBC Heavyweight World Champion Deontay Wilder before they rematch in the main event of a FOX Sports PBC Pay-Per-View taking place Saturday, November 23 from the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas. (photos by Ryan Hafaey)
    [Click Here To Read More]

Ortiz to rematch Wilder

So it’s really almost here.
    Ortiz will rematch Wilder.

My questions are:

1. How old really, is Ortiz?

2. Will Wilder have dramatically improved from his recent fights with higher quality opponents?

I am expecting Wilder to win via stoppage, but I would like for Ortiz to get the win. He was treated unfairly in Brooklyn (what with the extra time given Wilder to recover).

Keys to Win:

For Wilder:
    Wilder just needs to apply controlled pressure from the beginning, and find his openings like he is so good at.

For Ortiz:
    Ortiz needs to pace himself and make it his fight. Last time around he went too hard for the KO and winded himself out, setting up the opening for Wilder to end it.

Thoughts?

Comment

The first Cuban heavyweight champ right there

Comment

I think ortiz only chance in this is to try to catch wilder early. Ortiz will gas at some stage and wilder is always dangerous throughout the whole fight. Better to have a firefight when they are both fresh, sink or swim.

Theres also an issue with him getting fair treatment from the judges if he tries to outbox wilder to a decision . Szpilka, Washington and Ortiz himself were all outboxing wilder before he got to them but the judges didnt see it that way. Fury fight was even worse

Comment

Originally posted by Legends456 View Post
          So it’s really almost here.
          Ortiz will rematch Wilder.

My questions are:

1. How old really, is Ortiz?

2. Will Wilder have dramatically improved from his recent fights with higher quality opponents?

I am expecting Wilder to win via stoppage, but I would like for Ortiz to get the win. He was treated unfairly in Brooklyn (what with the extra time given Wilder to recover).

Keys to Win:

For Wilder:
          Wilder just needs to apply controlled pressure from the beginning, and find his openings like he is so good at.

For Ortiz:
          Ortiz needs to pace himself and make it his fight. Last time around he went too hard for the KO and winded himself out, setting up the opening for Wilder to end it.

Thoughts?
          Wilder and controlled pressure vs a boxer like Ortiz off the go will get him knocked out.

Wilder needs to do the same thing as last time as most his fights just wait for an opening ,Ortiz wont be as accurate after almost triple the layoff about 8 months vs his last 3 month one when the first fight happened.

Ortiz is up against judging again ,we know he wont get the decision so asking him to pace himself is asking a lot,he literally has to beat the hell out of Wilder if he is to get any rounds. Ortiz cannot afford to pace himself and needs to get Wilder early if not be prepared to go them late rounds while not getting put on the floor again which will tire him out if not end the fight with a wilder win.

In Ortiz loss he became stationary,the key is non stop moving while doing many stiff arms to Wilders chest and mid section.

Wilder himself has to go on what Ortiz does ,he does not have the skills to dictate anything here ,he caught Ortiz with a brief knockdown in round 5 despite this he has more chance to win bc Ortiz has not looked good after that fight ,its safe to assume Wilder will just be fighting a less dangerous version here and will remain patient knowing he will be giving the rounds and catch Ortiz maybe a bit later then last time but will finish it then and there,im guessing about round 8.

Ortiz is 49 however maybe if hes allowed to take his meds he could pass a physical this time ,so ? lol
          Last edited by juggernaut666; 10-31-2019, 07:43 PM.

Comment

It looks as tho Ortiz has shed some weight, which is good he was looking pretty porky a few weeks back.

Comment

In a HW fight anything can happen especially in the first half of the fight.

Ortiz is still a dangerous man inspite of his age.
              There is a reason he is rarely called out.

Respect to Wilder for granting the rematch.

Comment

He opened up his mouth and a million bees flew out??

Comment

Nice that they take the old people out of the care home for a day out.

Comment

Diabetes and high blood pressure can't keep an old timer down!

Comment

Working...
                    X