Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Josh Taylor Beats Regis Prograis - HUGE WBSS Gallery

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Photos: Josh Taylor Beats Regis Prograis - HUGE WBSS Gallery

Taylor, Prograis Fight Photos Gallery - O2 Arena, London - In the finale of the World Boxing Super Series junior welterweight tournament, a grueling battle broke with Josh Taylor (16-0, 12 KOs) winning a twelve round majority decision over previously undefeated Regis Prograis (24-1, 20 KOs) to unify the WBA, IBF world titles. The scores were 114-114, 115-113 and 117-112. (photos by Mark Robinson)
    [Click Here To Read More]

Very boring fight. Prograis never found a good rhythm and Taylor was able to do what he wanted. Ramirez beats Taylor.

Comment

Originally posted by kidaguilar View Post
      Very boring fight. Prograis never found a good rhythm and Taylor was able to do what. he wanted. Ramirez beats Taylor.
      Sounds like you lost money on Rougarou, that was an excellent match between to warriors who put their life on the line in a high stakes war!

Regis allowed Taylor to lean on him too much and rough him up without properly punishing him!

Credit Josh for using his size and combination punching to off set Regis’ defensive movements at times an counters from it!

Both guys were equally skilled and equally tough with this coming down to who just has more willingness to do what it takes to get victory and it was The Tartan Tornado who proved that!

In just 16 fights Taylor has been tested more than anyone at 140 and I would pick him to beat Ramirez as both does about the same with Ramirez being better at footwork and feints while Taylor has more top level experience and more will of fire!

Another 50/50 fight in another classic war but this time I’m not picking against Taylor, he’s proven me wrong twice now!

Congrats to him he’s earned his spot on my pound for pound list!

Comment

Originally posted by kidaguilar View Post
        Very boring fight. Prograis never found a good rhythm and Taylor was able to do what he wanted. Ramirez beats Taylor.
        It was competitive and hard fought...but yeah, I found it to be kind of boring too.

Not a lot of beautiful combos or clean technique. They were basically like two rock 'em sock 'em robots.

Comment

Prograis did not use footwork like I thought he would. He should have been moving around and jumping in. Prograis played into Taylors strengths let him set his feet and lean on him. Prograis should not have let Taylor lean on him once all fight.

Comment

Working...
          X