Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lawrence Okolie Stops Yves Ngabu in Seven, Captures EBU Title

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Lawrence Okolie Stops Yves Ngabu in Seven, Captures EBU Title

It wasn't pretty, but Lawrence Okolie got the job done in a battle between unbeatens. After six rounds of mostly sloppy boxing, Okolie (14-0, 11 KOs) connected with a devastating right hand to the jaw of Yves Ngabu (20-1, 14 KOs) that immediately ended the fight. Referee Jean Robert Laine stopped the contest at the 2:28 mark before another blow could be landed on Ngabu, who was wobbling around the ring, but still on his feet from the vicious punch. Okolie scored the technical knockout and picked up the European cruiserweight crown for his efforts Saturday as part of the undercard of the super lightweight unification bout between Josh Taylor and Regis Prograis at the O2 Arena in London.
    [Click Here To Read More]

No wonder we get that "British Stoppage" label. No defending that, actually i will, Ref did it for us. That crap was horrible on the eyes.

Comment

I would happily never watch Okolie again. Such a boring fighter to watch.

Imagine if he ever moved up to Heavy and fought Hughie...

Comment

Okolie is just terrible to watch. I mean he was looking for a reason to clinch. He can punch n he's athletic, but I think any top 10 cruiserweight beats him.

Comment

Originally posted by DaNeutral. View Post
          No wonder we get that "British Stoppage" label. No defending that, actually i will, Ref did it for us. That crap was horrible on the eyes.
          Yeah - ref was just eager to get away from that horror show. “Ooh clean shot, quick stop it”. Think I saw him legging it down the aisle and starting his car before Okolie could be interviewed (possibly the only thing more painful than watching him fight).

Comment

Okolie stopped me in round 5.

Had a shower, a sh.it, and ordered a takeaway

Comment

Ohhh boy that was a tough watch... There was more hugging than on Barney and friends. Okolie looked dreadful in there.. they both did. The stoppage was nonsensical as well but I guess considering the recent deaths we've had in the sport the ref was taking no chances..

Comment

Okolie should have 3 losses by DQ now

Comment

Originally posted by TJCombo1995 View Post
                  Ohhh boy that was a tough watch... There was more hugging than on Barney and friends. Okolie looked dreadful in there.. they both did. The stoppage was nonsensical as well but I guess considering the recent deaths we've had in the sport the ref was taking no chances..
                  I nearly died of boredom - so the ref definitely prevented at least one there.

Comment

Originally posted by TJCombo1995 View Post
                    The real question is whether the ref would have done the same thing IF Okolie was the one of the receiving end of that punch!

Yes both fighters were horrible to watch but you do not just wave a fight off at the first sign of a fighter being hurt.

Comment

Working...
                    X