Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: WBSS Cruiser Finale On Hold, Briedis-Glowacki Back Under Review

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: WBSS Cruiser Finale On Hold, Briedis-Glowacki Back Under Review

As the World Boxing Super Series junior welterweight tournament wraps up on Saturday and the bantamweight portion to follow two weeks later, questions have arisen as to when to expect the cruiserweight finale between Mairis Briedis and Yuniel Dorticos. For now, that portion remains on hold and back under extensive review.
    [Click Here To Read More]

No way should it be a DQ, probably an N/C is in order as the fight was a total fuster cluck. Glowacki brought that elbow on himself, Briedis had a right to defend himself.

Comment

Should've been a NC and rematch immediately. Now we have to wait for the finals!

Comment

It could be a DQ.

Breidis admitted he heard the bell and knew the round was over.

That means he knew he was committing an intentional foul and did so with blatant disregard for the rules.

It was his second intentional foul of the fight. He already had a point deducted for the first intentional foul, meaning he’s well within the range of getting disqualified.

He should have pretended to not hear the bell. This would be poetic justice for the robbery of a decision he received over Noel Gevor.

Originally posted by 4truth View Post
        No way should it be a DQ, probably an N/C is in order as the fight was a total fuster cluck. Glowacki brought that elbow on himself, Briedis had a right to defend himself.

Comment

Between the disgraceful refereeing and the fouls by both guys (I'll concede the elbow was worse than the rabbit punch, but regardless), you aren't going to see a more textbook case for a result to be changed to a NC.

Comment

Are you ****ting me??? Why did they wait this long? Just leave it be at this point, have Glowacki fight Makabu for the WBC title with the winner fighting the WBSS champ immediately after

Comment

Originally posted by 4truth View Post
              True.(elbow) Also both were throwing punches after the 3rd round it was not like Briedis just tagged him right after the bell. I do agree there was enough screw-ups to warrant a rematch with the winner out of Briedis v Dorticos. But there DEFF should be no DQ.

Comment

Originally posted by BigZ44 View Post
                Are you ****ting me??? Why did they wait this long? Just leave it be at this point, have Glowacki fight Makabu for the WBC title with the winner fighting the WBSS champ immediately after
                Yea but that too logical for boxing

Comment

Man, just run it and let Glowacki fight the winner.

Comment

Briedis fights are crooked. I will be ignoring Briedis fights from now on.

Comment

Working...
                    X