Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Navarrete Embraced By Cotto, Calderon, Pedraza, WBO

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Photos: Navarrete Embraced By Cotto, Calderon, Pedraza, WBO

Current Junior Featherweight Champion Emanuel El Vaquero' Navarrete was recognized by the World Boxing Organization (WBO) today, during the 22nd Annual WBO Golf Tournament at El Legado Golf Club' in Guayama. This edition of the annual golf competition serves as preamble to the Thirty-Second Annual WBO Convention, which will be held in the city of Tokyo, Japan, from December 2 until Thursday, December 5, 2019.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Cotto respects navarette because he has the same type of slashing uppercuts that margarito used to tenderize his face

Comment

Originally posted by archiemoore1 View Post
      Cotto respects navarette because he has the same type of slashing uppercuts that margarito used to tenderize his face
      why would you accuse navarette of being a cheater like that?

Comment

I think navarette is clean. But as far as awkwardness, slashing hooks and uppercuts from long range, the angles of his punches, his chin and his workrate, and also the effect of his punches on his opponents, he is very margarito- like. I recall seeing margarito live on 3 occasions that i can remember vs.six heads lewis, vs. Hercules kyvelos i believe it was the dodge theater in arizona. The co-main event was rafael marquez vs. pete frissina. And i was at the margarito vs. cotto rematch at the garden. Despite the cheating, i have very fond memories of those fights that i will always remember.

Comment

I think iit's really good to see Puerto Ricans making Mexicans feel genuinely welcomed...I never really cared about the rivalry...it's not a racial thing, Mexicans and Puerto Ricans can learn so much from each other.

Comment

Puerto Rican fighters been losing alot of fights lately.

Namely:

Acosta
            Machado
            Pedraza
            Rodriguez
            Rojas
            Verdejo
            Velez
            Martinez
            Oquendo
            Arroyo
            Diaz
            Lopez

Now they feel to adopt Navarrete and turn him into Puerto Rican.

They literally ran out of fighters and a couple of prospects left.

Comment

Navarette fights like Margarito with more foot movement

Comment

Working...
              X