Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn: Usyk vs. Chisora-Price Winner Would Be Huge in UK

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Hearn: Usyk vs. Chisora-Price Winner Would Be Huge in UK

This coming Saturday night at the O2 Arena in London, heavyweights Derek Chisora and David Price will collide in a crossroads battle - where the winner will certainly move on to bigger and better things. A new player in the heavyweight division, Oleksandr Usyk, is waiting in the wings for more action in the weight class.
    [Click Here To Read More]

It would be, Olek Usyk already chinned the 'Bellend' of the UK and whooped Joyce before ; Usyk 2-0 vs. the UK -- Olek may go undefeated against all these Brits, the Big ones however, are with those two big stiffs : Tyson Fury and Anthony Joshua.

Comment

I’m gonna say it...I don’t think Usyk is gonna make waves at HW. I know a lot of people rate him, but against Bellew he was not looking great for the first 5 rounds, last weekend he wasn’t exactly stellar against a second rate journeyman. If he fought Joyce now I think he’d get out gunned or against Takam out worked and these are second string guys.

Comment

Originally posted by sportbuddha View Post
        I’m gonna say it...I don’t think Usyk is gonna make waves at HW. I know a lot of people rate him, but against Bellew he was not looking great for the first 5 rounds, last weekend he wasn’t exactly stellar against a second rate journeyman. If he fought Joyce now I think he’d get out gunned or against Takam out worked and these are second string guys.
        SMH.....you certainly know that Bellew was Usyk´s 3rd big fight in the same year. Name just one elite boxer who has 3 big fights per year against elite opposition ?? 2 of them were undefeated World Champions. Usyk was tired of boxing and just wanted to rest. Because in February 2018 he fought Briedis in Latvia, then in July 2018 Gassiev in Russia and Bellew in November 2018 in England. Name me just one elite boxer who is willing to do this ?

Comment

Usyk-Chisora would be similar to his fight with Witherspoon - albeit with a greater level of difficulty. Usyk-Price would provide a better yardstick for how Usyk would fare against the likes of Joshua, Wilder and Fury over a 12 round format as Price is a similar height and reach to them. You can only gain so much insight into from Usyk-Joyce in the WBSS as it's a far shorter format of fight.

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post

It would be, Olek Usyk already chinned the 'Bellend' of the UK and whooped Joyce before ; Usyk 2-0 vs. the UK -- Olek may go undefeated against all these Brits, the Big ones however, are with those two big stiffs : Tyson Fury and Anthony Joshua.
            Your are a strange guy. You hate on Loma but loves Usyk. They are one family with the same trainer and both have the same style. What is there to hate on Loma after what he achieved ?

Comment

Hearn may be right, good money grab fight for Usyk and a heavyweight name on resume, but i think Usyk wants to secure his title shot first, the money fights will come along

Comment

Originally posted by Andrij View Post
                Your are a strange guy. You hate on Loma but loves Usyk. They are one family with the same trainer and both have the same style. What is there to hate on Loma after what he achieved ?
                Usyk cleaned out the cruiserweight division in the WBSS. Olek had more of a valid case to be honored as a WBC 'Franchsie' champion, Bumchenko needed the aid of the WBC to reach another 'accomplishment' by stepping over the legit #1. contender for the WBC lightweight title Devin Haney -- Usyk actually made a defense of the WBC 200 title. Did the WBC bump him up ahead of Dillian Shyte? as Mandatory? NO. Politics is the reason Vagisil Bumchenko has made it.

BTW I'm not a big fan of Usyk.

Comment

I would give both David Price & Derek Chisora a very high chance at beating Usyk 'He was being out boxed by Tony Bellew at times, who was dead at the weight by the time he moved back down to Cruiser-weight' Bellew made a mistake coming back down to cruiser-weight in my opinion.

Tony Bellew probably would of beaten Usyk at heavyweight 'Usyk is completely overrated' I have never understood the Hysteria around him as a fighter.

I don't see any conviction with his Heavyweight assault, completely opposite as to when David Haye most recently moved up from Cruiser weight etc Deep down I do not think Usyk really wants to mixed it with many heavyweights, he is hoping to politically side step fighters and land a big fight immediately 'Which in all honesty, will back fired upon him very badly'.

David Haye's second fight at heavyweight was against Monte Barrett, who was a solid heavyweight 'A legitimate gate keeper to the heavyweight division' David Haye proceeded to knocked him down 3-4 times, in a exciting and competitive fight.

Last edited by PRINCEKOOL; 10-24-2019, 06:03 AM.

Comment

Chisora vs usyk would do ok in the uk, it's not huge tho.

Comment

Working...
                    X