Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: David Price: Dereck Chisora Fight Is My Time, Stars Will Align

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: David Price: Dereck Chisora Fight Is My Time, Stars Will Align

David Price is back in a few days' time. The former British and Commonwealth heavyweight champion had been set to return next month in his home city of Liverpool. Price was named as part of the supporting cast to Callum Smith's WBA Super, Ring Magazine and WBC Diamond world super-middleweight title defence against mandatory challenger and fellow Brit John Ryder on November 23 at the M&S Bank Arena.
    [Click Here To Read More]

He almost landed that money punch on Poventkin and got that Joshua title shot. I can see him KOing Chisora. However if it goes more than 4, he's gonna lose.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Scene View Post
      He almost landed that money punch on Poventkin and got that Joshua title shot. I can see him KOing Chisora. However if it goes more than 4, he's gonna lose.
      I thought the same with his fight against Dave Allen (and probably so did the white Rhino himself), but Pricey just kept going and never looked like gassing before winning by TKO in the 10th. Maybe the big Scouser has finally sorted the stamina issues that have dogged him for the past 5-6 years?

Comment

If Price really has turned a new leaf with the stamina issues then he has a good chance of winning this fight for me.

That said, the pace and relentless pressure of Chisora will cause him to tire faster.

Comment

Yes, the stars will align over his head while he is lying down on the canvas, most likely.

Comment

Pricey showed the very same hallmarks of gassing in the Allen fight in round 5 or 6 (I forget which) as he always does, however he realised that Allen's attacks were so crude, he could handle them and just step round most of them. This realization gave him the ability to overcome this huge mental assault his brain seems to do on his body and he clearly started enjoying the fight. We will have to see if he returns to panic mode again or not

Comment

Imagine if Price had been a juicer like Whyte and Miller. Many of those losses could have been wins.

Comment

My gut instinct tells me Price causes an upset and wins this one.

Comment

LOL Price's stamina...his CHIN is the problem, not his stamina.

Comment

Originally posted by Tonyu View Post
                    My gut instinct tells me Price causes an upset and wins this one.
                    Price winning on points is 13:1 at William Hill as of now. I'm tempted. He could keep Chisora at bay with the jab and outbox him, though the chances are VERY slim.

Comment

Working...
                    X