Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Lewis Ritson Wins Bruising War With Robbie Davies

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Photos: Lewis Ritson Wins Bruising War With Robbie Davies

Ritson, Davies Fight Photos Gallery - Newcastle Arena, Newcastle - In a junior welterweight grudge match, the crowd saw plenty of fireworks with Lewis Ritson (20-1, 12 KOs) winning a twelve round unanimous decision over Robbie Davies (19-2, 13 KOs). The scores were 117-112, 116-112 and 116-112. (photos by Mark Robinson)
    [Click Here To Read More]

Scores were ridiculous. I had this fight a draw, both fighters gave it their all but there was nothing to split them after 12. Was obvious what was going to happen though, with the commentators hyping Lewis Ritson throughout, and talking up a future fight for him at St. James' Park against a World champion. Ritson confirmed in his post-fight interview, he was told beforehand "get through this and we will try to get the winner of Taylor-Prograis at St. James' Park for life-changing money." A shame that Robbie Davies Jr. had to be the fall guy on this occasion, but he can come again. The judge that gave Ritson 9 rounds is a joke, his card doesn't even add up. No 10-8 rounds and he has it 117-112? What is that, 9 rounds to 4? Haha! If it had been a Split or Majority decision for Ritson, fair enough... but the scorecards make it sound like he breezed through this fight.

Comment

Yeah agreed, score cards much too wide.

Comment

Ritson was the better boxer but I feel he could impose himself more. The guy has very good hands when he lets em go and decent power. Just feel he shouldn't be making heavy weather of a fairly average fighter like Robbie Davies. Either Prograis or Taylor will be in possession of the WBA belt after next Saturday but Ritson would need to improve somewhat if he wants to make waves.

Comment

Originally posted by Marvlus Marv View Post
          Ritson was the better boxer but I feel he could impose himself more. The guy has very good hands when he lets em go and decent power. Just feel he shouldn't be making heavy weather of a fairly average fighter like Robbie Davies. Either Prograis or Taylor will be in possession of the WBA belt after next Saturday but Ritson would need to improve somewhat if he wants to make waves.
          Robbie Davies Jr. is a much better Boxer than Lewis Ritson, just didn't show it last night. Way too easy to hit, give Ritson his credit, he did change it up and think he surprised Robbie with his different tactics. At best this fight was European-level, all a title shot is for Ritson is a cash-out. Wouldn't stand a chance of winning against either of Josh Taylor or Reggie Progaine.

Comment

I had Ritson by 4. so no problem with the scorecards, all the other fights on the card had horrendous scorecards though.

Comment

Originally posted by W1LL View Post
              Robbie Davies Jr. is a much better Boxer than Lewis Ritson, just didn't show it last night. Way too easy to hit, give Ritson his credit, he did change it up and think he surprised Robbie with his different tactics. At best this fight was European-level, all a title shot is for Ritson is a cash-out. Wouldn't stand a chance of winning against either of Josh Taylor or Reggie Progaine.
              Neither guy is close to being 'world' level but I personally don't dig the head first bullrushing of Robbie Davies. And Ritson is way to easy to hit and too flat footed to survive against a Ramirez, Prograis or Taylor. It was a fight between two also-rans.

Comment

Working...
              X