No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Charles Conwell Issues Heartfelt Letter To Patrick Day

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Charles Conwell Issues Heartfelt Letter To Patrick Day

Charles Conwell can't get the tragic occurrence of Saturday night out of his mind. The undefeated junior middleweight prospect keeps replaying his fight against Patrick Day in his mind, wishing there was something he could do to change what took place after he knocked out Day in the 10th round. Day underwent emergency surgery after suffering brain damage in their fight at Wintrust Arena in Chicago.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Good stuff from Conwell.

Comment

Great stuff, boxing is a brutal sport and it kills me when people call boxers cowards

Comment

Good man. What a terrible situation for both guys.

Comment

Touching to read this from another competitor.

I wonder if Deontay Wilder is rooting for Conwell to catch a body or if it is all an act. He has been pretty adamant and uncompromising about that macabre life goal.

Comment

I'll become a fan just for the character you have displayed

It's always hard to get up or root for a guy from Ohio when you are from Michigan, but I will make Conwell thy exception! Well done young man.

Comment

Good on him. I bet he is going through a hard time obviously.

Won't lie that made my chest tense up

Comment

You could tell by Charles' attitude and seriously worried look, right after things turned for the worse, that he is a sensitive young kid.

Still hoping in a miracle for Patrick.

Comment

Boxers have to go into it knowing, they might die or kill. Also suffer from dementia pugilistica

That's how serious the game is. Until someone gets hurt in your circle you will write it off.

Comment

So unfortunate and I can only hope this young man pulls through. The question is, what type of life would he live afterwards? We saw Stevenson in a coma for 3 weeks and wake up to live a decent life.

It may sound selfish, but I could only hope somebody's helping his family with his care so he can live a quality life after this is over. I missed the fight, but we pay to watch these guys risk it all.

Thoughts and prayers....thoughts and prayers.

Comment

Working...
                    X