Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Nigel Benn Denies Being Turned Down For License By BBBC

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Nigel Benn Denies Being Turned Down For License By BBBC

Nigel Benn has issued a statement denying that he was turned down for a boxing licence for his comeback by the British Boxing Board of Control (BBBC). Benn, the former WBO middleweight and WBC super-middleweight champion, is due to return to the ring when he faces Sakio Bika in Birmingham on November 23 at the age of 55, 23 years after he last boxed.
    [Click Here To Read More]

He knew he would get rejected so went directly to BIBA.

Benn looks like a complete and utter joke desperately trying to justify this misguided comeback/cash grab.

I wish he would’ve just stayed retired.

Comment

Spoof

Born again Cristian and he lying...Haha

Comment

Ok, Nigel can fight if he does choose to do so. Should he be sanctioned to fight? I would say no. As a fan, I would rather see him in exhibition matches. Therapeutic settings are the best place to get closure, if that's central to his decision of fighting again. Getting hit on the head at that age can destabilize the tau proteins in the brain, which can lead to depression and other conditions. I am not quite confident to say that getting hit on the head at 50+ is the best way to find closure. He could do this without throwing punches. Yes, we are living in a free world and we have the right to f@?{ ourselves up. If I were to be on a boxing board, I am not sanctioning this fight.
        Last edited by Slimjoe; 10-09-2019, 11:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Slimjoe View Post
          Ok, Nigel can fight if he does choose to do so. Should he be sanctioned to fight? I would say no. As a fan, I would rather see him in exhibition matches. Therapeutic settings are the best place to get closure, if that's central to his decision of fighting again. Getting hit on the head at that age can destabilize the tau proteins in the brain, which can lead to depression and other conditions. I am not quite confident to say that getting hit in the head at 50+ is the best way to find closure. He could do this without throwing punches. Yes, we are living in a free world and we have the right to f@?{ ourselves up. If I were to be on a boxing board, I am not sanctioning this fight.

Comment

Steve Collins is president of the Malta Boxing Commission & I'm sure he could pull a few string, so why not put it on there? & let's have a party.

Comment

Unless he’s blind they should be ashamed all the dirty juicers fatties old washed up guys they have licensed he’s in better shape than most young guys

Comment

Fair play Nige, but you couldn't have picked a worse opponent. Bika is as tough as they come, never been stopped and only retired two years ago. This might be a brutal beating.

Comment

If bika takes it seriously ( which he will not, 100 % G fight)he does benn damage , they both know it and are in it together... along with the drug takers, shyster agents and fake titles our sport is dying and declining before our very eyes.. just imagine it ? Crowd who bother to show up
                  baying for blood and if bika takes it seriously there is a large potential for this to end badly ..crazy is not a strong enough word .

Comment

Benn vs Canelo 2020? You know you want it.

Comment

Working...
                    X