Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Julian Williams: I'm Moving Forward From Hurd, We're Not Fighting

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Julian Williams: I'm Moving Forward From Hurd, We're Not Fighting

Julian Williams is on the short list as a top candidate for fight of the year and upset of the year following his unanimous decision win over Jarrett Hurd in May for the WBA, IBF and IBO super welterweigtht titles. A rematch was imminent on Dec. 14 but Hurd suddenly opted to take his career in a different direction last month when he pulled out of the fight during negotiations. Williams (27-1-1, 16 KOs) is now stuck contemplating his next opponent, weight class and career move.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Haymon and Breadman don’t want to open a can of worms regarding Hurd and the VADA that Jrock cried about.

Comment

Jarred Hurd they didn't want to undergo extra-long Vada testing, that's why he pulled out. Hurd beat the man who was Lara, and Williams beat Hurd, so he's definitely the man at 154.

Comment

Respect to Trout but no more title shots, give him that WBO money so he can retire. Lara would be an impressive choice

Comment

Originally posted by Califire209 View Post
          Jarred Hurd they didn't want to undergo extra-long Vada testing, that's why he pulled out. Hurd beat the man who was Lara, and Williams beat Hurd, so he's definitely the man at 154.
          Aha ! Didn’t know that. Was going to ask for a link but I looked it up Myself.

https://youtu.be/Ic4rdp8pReo

Comment

Castano or Lara! I'm good with either one!

Comment

Hurd had a rematch option but hasn't taken it up, so surely his ship has sailed. Let's face it the guy is far to big to keep boiling down to 154lbs anyway, he wouldn't look out of place at 175lbs. Is it worth him even moving up just one division.
              The chance should be opened up to the ranked WBA contenders; I like Lara, Lubin or Castano as options. Madrimov probably needs more pro experience to be truly ready, but he's decent enough already. I wouldn't begrudge Jessie Vargas the shot either. I have the feeling that this may be the "big fight" that Hearn is looking to make for Brook though, but then it could be Special K's farewell shot.

Comment

Trout better not get another title fight!

Comment

JRock vs Lara please!!! Interesting styles match up and with Lara's legs pretty much gone, he will have to stand in the pocket with JRock and we will get a nice entertaining fight.

Comment

He ruined Hurd.

Comment

Working...
                    X