Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Trainer: Golovkin Did Not Let Hands Go, I Want More Defense!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Trainer: Golovkin Did Not Let Hands Go, I Want More Defense!

Johnathon Banks, the head trainer of IBF, IBO middleweight champion Gennady Golovkin (40-1-1, 35 KOs), broke down the recent decision win over Sergiy Dereveyanchenko. The bout, which took place on Saturday night at Madison Square Garden in New York City, saw Golovkin taken to his limit as he won a very close decision based on scores of 114-113, 115-112 and 115-112.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Did not let his hands go.

I want more defense.

Dude wat.

Comment

Originally posted by Mighty_Windir View Post

I want more defense.

Dude wat.
      Did you watch the fight? GGG ate a lot of punches and in some rounds Derevyanchenko was really tagging him up with no punches in return from GGG.

Comment

trainets. fault

he needs sanchez

Comment

Originally posted by Mighty_Windir View Post

I want more defense.

Dude wat.
          u can do both u know

ggg was walking around hands down eating shot after shot and not firing back a lot of the time

Comment

He's asking Golovkin to do things he can't do at this point in his career. It's not going to get better.

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
              Did you watch the fight? GGG ate a lot of punches and in some rounds Derevyanchenko was really tagging him up with no punches in return from GGG.
              Sadly my friend, I couldn't watch the fight.

I did watch the highlights and it was painful, it kinda hurt to see GGG hurt to the body...its not what were used to see from him.

I do hope he brings a different game plan if he's moving forward with a rematch

Originally posted by Split Decision View Post
              u can do both u know
              Yes you can

Originally posted by Split Decision View Post
              ggg was walking around hands down eating shot after shot and not firing back a lot of the time
              Saw a little bit on the highlights...I hope that doesn't happen in his next match

Comment

Klitschko. Golovkin. 2 hall of fame level fighters that banks took over in twilight of careers and didn’t seem to make a difference. Maybe the slide couldn’t be stopped. But...just sayin

Comment

This is a clear case of karma...and silk PJs.

I love GGG, but he never should have let Sanchez go. Now Bank is gonna change him at 37? Get real...

And also... once you're filthy rich, you kind of feel less like getting hit in the face (Although.. you wouldn't think so .. from the way GGG was taking them).

GGG was always a very physical fighter, but at the top level, it takes more out of you.

Comment

Yes, to say that you want your fighter to let his hands go but show more defense is a blatant oxymoron. This fight reminds me again of the Sharmba Mitchell vs Lovemore N'dou fight. Showtime wanted the rematch between Mitchell and Kostya Tszyu but N'dou came in and gave that work that Mitchell was not expecting. Mitchell got the "W" but would go on to get get stopped by Tszyu in the rematch. So if GGG is feeling groggy, he should just understand that history has a habit of repeating itself. Johnathan Banks is an excellent trainer in my eyes. I just dont think they were expecting the work that Derevyanchenko was bringing to them.

Comment

Working...
                    X