Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: John Molina Explains Why It's Right Time To Retire From Boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: John Molina Explains Why It's Right Time To Retire From Boxing

John Molina doesn't carry any excuses for what went wrong in his last fight, nor any regret over the pro career he has enjoyed over the past 13 years. What he does carry, is the sense to know when the end has arrived. The all-action slugger from Covina, Calif. formally announced his retirement on Tuesday, just days removed from an 8th round stoppage loss to fellow Californian and welterweight hopeful Josesito Lopez. Their bout opened a four-fight Fox Sports Pay-Per-View event topped by Errol Spence Jr.'s thrilling 12-round win over Shawn Porter in their welterweight title unification at the Staples Center in Los Angeles, Calif.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Thanks for the wars John.
    I would say his highlight would be exposing Mickey bey

Comment

I'll always have love for Molina for what he did to Bey, and that savage war against Soto. Another blood and guts warrior we'll hopefully remember and appreciate more in the years gone by.

Comment

A respectful fan friendly fighter. Hate to see him go but he is choosing the right time. Thanks for all the exciting fights champ!

Comment

This is a man that knows when to retire.

Comment

Originally posted by Vodkaholic View Post
            Thanks for the wars John.
            I would say his highlight would be exposing Mickey bey
            He ran Hank Lundy down and got fight of the year on a Canelo card. An over achiever at least, but a real warrior.

Comment

Originally posted by Corelone View Post
              He ran Hank Lundy down and got fight of the year on a Canelo card. An over achiever at least, but a real warrior.
              Well said bro

Comment

Class f’kin act... Molina is everything that is good about boxing. Didn’t have any advantages in terms of speed or pedigree, but hard work, inhuman toughness, and the gift of a big punch led him to the big stage, and to some paydays most fighters dream of. Good on you John - enjoy your retirement and family just as we enjoyed watching you go to war time and time again.

Comment

I always looked forward to Molina's fights. I was disgusted by the way the DeMarco fight was stopped. Always felt he kind of got that world title chance taken away from him with the early stoppage. He showed he could box when he fought Provodnikov and you had to give him to the final bell in every fight because he could always surprise you. Hope he enjoys his retirement.

Comment

Always liked Molina.

Hope he enjoys retirement.

Comment

Working...
                    X