Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Team Parker Seeks To Reschedule Chisora Fight Once Cleared

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Team Parker Seeks To Reschedule Chisora Fight Once Cleared

Make no mistake, having to withdraw from his scheduled clash versus Derek Chisora is merely prolonging the inevitable as far as Joseph Parker is concerned. The former heavyweight titlist from New Zealand pulled up ill ahead of his now scrapped Oct. 26 clash versus England's Chisora (31-9, 22KOs) at O2 Arena in London, England. The bad news was delivered by Eddie Hearn, who promotes both heavyweights and is now on the hunt for a new opponent to face Chisora, the brash former heavyweight title challenger who is a crowd favorite.
    [Click Here To Read More]

That means Chisora is just the undercard now, he now will know his place.

Sell the 02 for Taylor vs Progais *****. No Vasline needed they both go the same time up it along with Hearns

Comment

Apparently the illness was possibly caused by a spider bite, would love to know what type of spider has caused such a drama. As far as I was aware there was only 2 main dangerous ones in the vicinity of Vegas; Black Widow and Brown Recluse. I've been bitten by a 'Widow once while on a job in El Centro; felt like I was having a a heart attack for a few hours, like a bad case of man-flu for a few days, but was fine before the week was out. That shouldn't cause this big an issue for an elite athlete this far away from competition. The Recluse is another matter altogether though as it causes tissue necrosis around the bite - there would be no "possibly" about that though as it becomes visually obvious pretty quickly.

Comment

It's always something with Parker and his team. A spider bite? Who is he, Spider-man now?? come on man, they could have came up with a better one than that. My guess is, he knew Chisora wasn't going to back down from him and he might lose before he got another title shot. He thought he had another soft touch with Chisora but he saw that Chisora wasn't afraid of him. Bad news was coming, he and his team both knew it. Parker will forever be a gatekeeper

Comment

Missing 3 weeks training and sparring heading into a big fight to be very much weakened and underdone in facing a totally game Delboy...Yeah nah!

Flag that, pull the pin and reschedule when fully fighting fit is definitely the smart thing to do.

No risks, no excuses and not set up to fail!

Comment

Working...
          X