No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Shawn Porter: I Can't Make Excuses, Say I Was Robbed

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Shawn Porter: I Can't Make Excuses, Say I Was Robbed

LOS ANGELES Shawn Porter could've complained. The former WBC welterweight champion could've come to the post-fight press conference Saturday night at Staples Center and claimed two judges wronged him in his split-decision defeat to Errol Spence Jr. Porter opted to address the third close loss of his career in the same manner he typically handles everything else with complete class.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Shawn Porter is the consummate professional boxer. He put up his absolute best showing against another world class fighter. He did what he was supposed to do and made it rough and awkward. To me, Saturdays Shawn Porter would have beat Thurman when they fought.

In any case, he took a loss to the better fighter. Now it's time for Spence to Unify with Manny and Crawford. Seeing as though the preliminary PPV buys are looking like 300-350K buys, Errol is slowly but surely getting that PPV badge and gaining popularity. Saturdays fight certainly helped a bunch.

Comment

Shawn Porter has officially become one of my favorite fighters. I already knew he was one hell of a force to be reckoned with, but he has so much class.

Comment

Said it before Porter deserves a rematch, an immediate one. He would have won if he wasn't caught, props to Spence he dug deep and pulled it off though. He did what true champs do. Mad respect to Porter, he has become a favorite of mine. He has guts, more skills than given credit for and the will to fight anybody.

Comment

Shawn has a great attitude.

Seems such a good dude.

Comment

Porter's fan base has grown immensely after the fight. He did exactly what he needed and I got lots of respect for him. GO PORTER!

Comment

After Saturday I became a fan! Shawn deserve respect, he is a true warrior!!!!

Comment

Does anyone seriously think Porter won? He put on a great performance and exceeded expectations, but that was a clean win for Spence. BoxingScene scored it 115-112... It was a clear Spence win to me. He was aggressive too and landed the harder cleaner punches... he was also never hurt or in any kind of trouble. I don't see how anyone could think Porter won. It was a competitive but dominant performance by Spence.

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
                  Shawn has a great attitude.

Seems such a good dude.
                  He's definitely a good dude. I don't even think he wanted to engage in all the talk before the fight. Spence, I believe, felt he needed to do it to get an edge. Shawn was insistent on going over to shake hands after the fight while his Dad was still holding that grudge. He's got my respect for sure.

Comment

Porter has fought them all so its obvious he would have learnt a thing or two. Which showed against the less experienced if you could say that Spence.

Comment

Working...
                    X