No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Errol Spence-Shawn Porter: Afterthoughts

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Errol Spence-Shawn Porter: Afterthoughts

In the preview for Saturday night's fight, welterweight titlist Errol Spence was acknowledged for the talent he's displayed to date while still lacking a depth to his ring record, leaving questions only answered one fight at a time. Shawn Porter asked some big questions.
    [Click Here To Read More]

At this point Keith should just retire or
    Be put on the side lines until we get the undisputed title.

Comment

Its hard to determine right now who between Errol Spence and Vasyl Lomachenko which is the weakest unified champion in the game. I know both now have Split-Decisons on their records: Lomachenko got a L, but so should Errol, so I don't know!

Comment

"Crawford’s team would be wise to see what they can do to offer him a crack at their WBO belt, even if the PBC is mostly ignoring the WBO right now. Comparison-shopping works in boxing and Porter would be a great way to further interest in a Crawford-Spence fight or upset the apple cart and create the chance for his own rematch with Spence."

They overpaid for Amir Khan, who never held a WW title, so simply pay more for Porter!

Comment

I think Porter deserves an immediate rematch.

Comment

I'm just glad that I was in the arena last night to witness that fight. Definite FOTY candidate.

Comment

I can’t complain about the result last night. Spence easily won the last 2 rounds and scored a knockdown.

However, even if it were Porter winning the last 2 rounds he could have done no better than draw. The cards, in this case, probably didn’t need to be stacked but they were and that is something Spence’s future opponents might as well know going in.

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
                Its hard to determine right now who between Errol Spence and Vasyl Lomachenko which is the weakest unified champion in the game. I know both now have Split-Decisons on their records: Lomachenko got a L, but so should Errol, so I don't know!
                I admire your determination in your Errol Spence campaign. Not sure what drives it. Is it your love for Bud or did Spence beat your guy in the past.

By the way...labeling the weakest unified champ is like debating who the weakest Avenger is. Key words are UNIFIED and CHAMPION.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
                  "Crawford’s team would be wise to see what they can do to offer him a crack at their WBO belt, even if the PBC is mostly ignoring the WBO right now. Comparison-shopping works in boxing and Porter would be a great way to further interest in a Crawford-Spence fight or upset the apple cart and create the chance for his own rematch with Spence."

They overpaid for Amir Khan, who never held a WW title, so simply pay more for Porter!
                  They also claimed that they offered Danny Garcia $5M. If so, Porter is definitely worth that coming off his performance this weekend given the comparison value.

Comment

Originally posted by Ake-Dawg View Post
                    I admire your determination in your Errol Spence campaign. Not sure what drives it. Is it your love for Bud or did Spence beat your guy in the past.

By the way...labeling the weakest unified champ is like debating who the weakest Avenger is. Key words are UNIFIED and CHAMPION.
                    Using your analogy, Errol Spence is like the new Captain America, a fake, a phony. Terence Crawford is Tony Stark, the scientist mastermind head in charge.

What drives me to hate on Spence? Could it be that hes a duck?

Comment

Working...
                    X