No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Spence: I Felt Porter's Power; Tougher Than I Thought

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Spence: I Felt Porter's Power; Tougher Than I Thought

LOS ANGELES Errol Spence Jr. never was what he considered hurt Saturday night. But some of those flush punches Shawn Porter landed during their 12-round, 147-pound title fight let Spence know he was in the ring with a powerful opponent. Porter snapped back Spence's head several times with right hands and attacked Spence's body throughout a highly competitive clash Spence won by split decision at Staples Center.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I’m glad Spence decided to gut it out and fight in a phone booth with Porter....much more entertaining than his win over Garcia in which he showcased his boxing ability. Last night he showed he can win tough too. Few fighters have the talent to win against championship opponents through both extremes of talent. Bodes well for his career at the top

Comment

Ive never seen Porter in such good shape, so active and quick handed. Spence looked at times “human”. I see a blue print to beating him. Unfortunately theres no one out there who can do it. Porter is just too small & short armed to pull it off.
      Props to Spence rising to the occasion. He believes in himself and showed it. Garcia is going to get KO’d before 6. Easy money.

Comment

I was little Shawn Porter outboxing Spence, Errol stiff ass was getting schooled.

Comment

Originally posted by MONGOOSE66 View Post
          Ive never seen Porter in such good shape, so active and quick handed. Spence looked at times “human”. I see a blue print to beating him. Unfortunately theres no one out there who can do it. Porter is just too small & short armed to pull it off.
          Props to Spence rising to the occasion. He believes in himself and showed it. Garcia is going to get KO’d before 6. Easy money.
          Danny garcia? Knocked out? come on now

Comment

Originally posted by MONGOOSE66 View Post
            Thats cause he IS human, Spence is way overrated as proven in his last 2 fights...Crawford finishes him.

Comment

Spence came out stupid out of fighting porter

Comment

Originally posted by mxtali View Post
                Danny garcia? Knocked out? come on now
                If anything it’s Spence’s chin that will be tested. Garcia has a cast iron chin, and he has a big Philly left hook. It’s going to get intersting when Danny lands a flush left hook

Comment

Porter is always competitive.

Comment

Credit to Shawn Porter's technique is due. Fans have stressed that Shawn's rough style in the inside would complicate and present dangers for Errol Spence, however, Porter's footwork made him look to be a masterful slick boxer against stiff flat-footed Errol Spence.

I understand why Shawn abandoned the back-foot : winning a decision would be difficult by surrendering ground ; this would cost Porter the rounds to a judge that favors the come-forward boxer, and Porter is just a natural brawler at heart so eventually Porter would stand his ground and it would become a phone-booth brawl.

Porter made Errol Stench look basic.
                    Last edited by 1hourRun; 09-30-2019, 12:51 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X