Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: David Benavidez: Things Are Going To Get Tougher - I'm Ready

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: David Benavidez: Things Are Going To Get Tougher - I'm Ready

Staples Center, Los Angeles, California - In the co-main event, unbeaten David "El Bandera Roja" Benavidez (22-0, 19 KOs) regained the WBC Super Middleweight World Championship from two-time champion Anthony "The Dog" Dirrell (33-2-1, 24 KOs) with a ninth-round TKO victory.
    [Click Here To Read More]

A lot of the fight, up until the sixth, was Benavidez just stalking Dirrell around the ring, and eating counters. This wasnt the Benavidez that was promising a knockout, and folding Dirrell like a lawn chair with body blows . It was a smiling and posturing contest.

After the punch that sliced Dirrel's eyelid in the 6th, THEN Benavidez finally stepped on the accelerator.

What would have happened, had Dirrell not been cut? This extended feel out period would have lasted the entire fight, and Benavidez was headed for a UD loss.

Him being 22 and Dirrell 34, Benavidez showed him WAY too much respect. When Benavidez actually attacked, he steamrolled Dirrell. He could have ended this fight in 3-4 rounds. For whatever reason, he chose not to...

Comment

Benavidez vs Plant 2020 lets goooo!

Comment

Originally posted by SHO_RULEZ View Post
        A lot of the fight, up until the sixth, was Benavidez just stalking Dirrell around the ring, and eating counters. This wasnt the Benavidez that was promising a knockout, and folding Dirrell like a lawn chair with body blows . It was a smiling and posturing contest.

After the punch that sliced Dirrel's eyelid in the 6th, THEN Benavidez finally stepped on the accelerator.

What would have happened, had Dirrell not been cut? This extended feel out period would have lasted the entire fight, and Benavidez was headed for a UD loss.

Him being 22 and Dirrell 34, Benavidez showed him WAY too much respect. When Benavidez actually attacked, he steamrolled Dirrell. He could have ended this fight in 3-4 rounds. For whatever reason, he chose not to...
        I totally agreed wt u. his corner sucks. his father is his trainer and is hurtg benavidez career. a top boxer will easily beat him by decision since benavidez just doesnt throw punches. he just smiles like an idiot wt no adjustmnt. yesterday was proof he is not a ko artist. never hurt dirrell in the head only to the body

Comment

Re

Originally posted by Southpawology View Post
          Benavidez vs Plant 2020 lets goooo!
          I'm taking Plant...I'm taking Plant...if Benavidez fights Plant with the same lack of urgency that he displayed here? Mark the UD loss down right now.

Comment

The amount flack Benavidez is taking for stopping a champion, is crazy. He out jabbed his opponent. He cut his opponent WITH A PUNCH. And then he finished a wounded animal. What more do you guys want, dayum.

Comment

Originally posted by DumpkinsPlus5 View Post
              The amount flack Benavidez is taking for stopping a champion, is crazy. He out jabbed his opponent. He cut his opponent WITH A PUNCH. And then he finished a wounded animal. What more do you guys want, dayum.
              seriously

dude is 22 lol

calm down

Comment

Benavidez is still young and this can serve as a learning experience. When he looks back hopefully he can see where it is he needs to do more of in the ring. The kid has the skill he just needs to know how to apply it better against an opponent that is not going to engage him.

I still favor Benavidez over Plant but not so much Callum Smith. I think Smith has a bit too much for him at this stage in his career which is no excuse because Benavidez is already a champion again and I don't like to factor in age as an avoidance if you are a title holder.

Comment

He might have looked a little ineffective at times, but Benavidez gives you the idea of someone who can shift gears and end a fight whenever he chooses to.

Comment

Originally posted by Tails View Post
                    I still favor Benavidez over Plant but not so much Callum Smith. I think Smith has a bit too much for him at this stage in his career which is no excuse because Benavidez is already a champion again and I don't like to factor in age as an avoidance if you are a title holder.
                    To be honest, I believe that Smith is overrated. As of now I'd pick Benavidez within 6 against him.

Comment

Working...
                    X