Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Fury-Wallin Generates Nearly $1 Million From 3,577 Tickets Sold

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Fury-Wallin Generates Nearly $1 Million From 3,577 Tickets Sold

With his second appearance in Las Vegas proving far more dramatic than his previous trip, perhaps the third time will be a charm as it relates to Tyson Fury's box office appeal. The unbeaten and outspoken heavyweight from England survived a hellacious cut over his right eye and a stiff challenge from lefthanded Swedish contender Otto Wallin to emerge victorious in a unanimous decision win. Their Sept. 14 headliner at T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada produced high drama in the ring, along with $999,722.50 at the live gate.
    [Click Here To Read More]

That’s hideous. I mean embarrassing.

Comment

Wilder isn't elevated competition for Fury . Boxing insiders are once again missing the boat here. You need skills to topple Fury, Wilder will lose the rematch and look amatuerish again ,next time from start to finish. Wallin is a highly skilled southpaw with great training behind him and would prove very difficult in a rematch again. Everyone has very bad style match ups and Fury happens to be Wilders besides Hrgovic. .

Comment

More tickets comped than sold. Awesome.

Comment

$1 million gate is pretty good for a tune up fight. Charlo's recent fight in Vegas sold more tickets but only had 1/5 in gate. Fury's also a bigger draw than Tank who sold out StubHub and only had half this gate.

Comment

Damn man, more comped than sold. That's just sad. Fury fans will spin it I'm sure but man, that's really bad. Wilder fights have had similar numbers but they won't release the info. The Wilder vs Fury fight had a lot of comped tickets and the 325k PPV numbers were fake, since Showtime never confirmed it. Jack Dempsey fights were so big that they had to build stadiums to hold all the fans, which were over 100,000 of them watching live. These chumps can't fill up a small college gym. But again, it's because Wilder and Fury both fight bums, gatekeepers and has beens

Comment

I don't know why they thought Tyson would be a success in America. Sure he's a loudmouth but his style of fighting isn't exactly pleasing to casual fans. He also has to back up his talk by fighting the best in his division and he's fought street taco vendors for his last 2 fights

Comment

Jake Donavan needs writing lessons. 4 out of 9 is not the bulk. Also, comparing Wilder's gate in Jan 2015 vs Stiverne to Fury's gate in Sep 2019 is just bad.

The Fury experiment at ESPN is going well though. The ESPN+ subs are going crazy high for him.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyistall View Post
                  Damn man, more comped than sold. That's just sad. Fury fans will spin it I'm sure but man, that's really bad. Wilder fights have had similar numbers but they won't release the info. The Wilder vs Fury fight had a lot of comped tickets and the 325k PPV numbers were fake, since Showtime never confirmed it. Jack Dempsey fights were so big that they had to build stadiums to hold all the fans, which were over 100,000 of them watching live. These chumps can't fill up a small college gym. But again, it's because Wilder and Fury both fight bums, gatekeepers and has beens
                  The Wilder-Fury fight was quite strong with ticket sales and gate. I think the PPV probably was inflated. Outside of that fight it's very difficult to find public info about what kind of numbers Wilder really draws. The only thing I could find was Wilder-Stiverne I which had 4,074 tickets sold and 4,379 comps with a gate of $755,200. It's all about having the right dance partner. Unless you're Canelo, you're not gonna get multi-million dollar gates and 10k+ tickets sold by fighting bums.

Comment

That is dogshyt for someone who insists on being introduced as a lineal HW champion of the world.

Comment

Working...
                    X